Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel71119 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2004, 05:03 PM
    Environmental health phase 1 report
    Were interested in buying a old country store whose gas tanks have been shut down due to the new double tank standards and the tanks are still in the ground... do we need to get a environmental phase 1` done and if so what is the cost and what does it consist of?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2004, 07:32 PM
    Re: environmental health phase 1 report
    How much are the current owners paying you to take it? A few years ago, my daughter was doing her environmental engineering coop with an oil company.
    They were pulling all their old tanks. I don't have figures on it, but likely it exceeds the value ot the property otherwise. The soil around the tank must be checked, and excavated to uncontaminated ground. The contaminated soil must go to a secure landfill. You may also have to obtain permission from adjacent property owners for test borings on their property. Bad deal. Try to find a contractor that does that work and ask for an estimate.

Remember this the next time a fillup leaves your wallet empty. I don't know if all this is reducing water pollution, but it is enriching contractors, and guess who pays in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

480 v 3 phase [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a fairly new plant technician.. but our company just purchased a rotary die cutter that requires 480v 3 phase at 30 amps our plant only has 220V 3 phase.. What kind of transformer do we need to step up the voltage like that.. I believe that we will be drawing 60 amps from 220 correct?

2-phase vs 3-phase degrees of separation [ 5 Answers ]

At work we have 3-phase power. I understand the oscillations are 120 degrees apart. At home I have 2-phase power. Are the oscillations 180 degrees apart? I understand the neutral on a 240v circuit should carry 0 as the phases cancel each other out. My real question is that if we have a...

What is a Phase I environmental report? [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling my property (an auto repair shop) and the sale agreement requires a Phase I environment study or report. Exactly what do they look for? Should I clean up the surface oil spots before they come?

Looking for Environmental Related Jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Consultant, I am looking for environmental related jobs anywhere in the world. I have my first degree in Botany and my MSc in Environmental Resources Management. Please treat this subject with urgency. Thank You

View more questions Search