Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Recovering from splurging when eating healthy/working out
    I've been eating very healthy (which I normally do) & working out every other day or so between lifting weights & cardio. But like once a week I get the sudden urge to splurge at night, whether its peanut butter & pretzels or cheez its. Anyway, should I feel guilty about splurging like this once a week? Is it going to effect my weight at all if I still continue working out & eating healthy even after the one time a day splurge. I just need some reassurance here. I need to know if it will make a difference?? And how to recover from a splurge night or day (once a day, not every meal is a splurge), any tips? I've been toning up nicely & losing weight & feeling SOOO incredibly great, I just don't want to ruin it. Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 08:27 AM

You are using "slurge" incorrectly... It sounds more like "Binge" to me.

You do really have to stop doing that because you can VERY easily consume mopre empty calories in one mouthfull than you burn in exerciseing even if you exercise a LOT.

And once a day.. is actually a LOT... calculate those calories, factor them weekly and again monthly. View it this way... its like taking one step forward and two steps back... it IS hurting your chances of achiving your goals. Congratulations on the rest... show the willpower to overcome this bad habit that can easily swamp your best efforts and ballon into a real problem.

View it like this... if you can figure out how many calories you can afford per week and find out what portion size that would be... and keep it to once a week, or month... and even better, only when certain goals are achieved... you will find you can not only control but beat those urges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy eating for babies [ 2 Answers ]

I would appreciate ideas for lunches for babies ( 12-18 months old) Thank you

After trying eating disorders, how can I lose weight fast a healthy way? [ 4 Answers ]

Im going into my senior year in high school and I am not at all happy with my weight! Im 5'5'' and 118 lbs. Two years ago I was anorexic but found that wasn't the best way because I love, love, love food! Up until a week ago I was bulimic, then couldn't continue with that either. Ive tried diets...

Its seems its working! But is it the healthy way? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am 24 male and weigh about 81 kgs currently. In morning, I go walking for about 2 kms. And then jog around 1.5 kms. And again get back walking the same distance. I rest in the afternoon and hit the gym in evening, where I work out really hard until I get fully drenched in my sweat. It's...

7 Day Healthy Eating and Fitness plan! [ 7 Answers ]

:) Hi, Just wondering if any one has done study on what food to eat and not to eat and what fitness exercises work and don't work? I am looking for a 7 day eating a fitness plan that works and isn't too expensive. At the moment all I'm eating in toast in the morning and rice cruskits and tuna...

Healthy Eating [ 10 Answers ]

Message deleted

View more questions Search