Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aarthi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 07:51 AM
    An example of binomial nomenclature
    *** give me an example of binomial nomenclature.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 08:13 AM

I think this link:

Identify an Animal by its Latin Name

Posted by Capuchin in this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/biolog...re-308610.html

Will help you. :)
    krishnakk Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Oct 6, 2010, 10:11 PM
    Binomial nomenclature : naming the species with two names. One is technical and another is scientific. Ex: for tamarind; tamarind is a technical name and the scientific name is tamarindus indica

Hope that will help you.

gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Oct 12, 2010, 11:26 PM

Binomial nomenclature is the scientific system of naming species by two names - the genus and species. There can be more than one species within a genus. For instance dogs, dingos, and wolves are subspecies of Canis lupus. Canis is the genus, and lupus is the species. Together, the genus and species names constitutes the species' name.

The coyote's scientific name is Canis latrans. The coyote is classed within the genus, Canis

Species within a genus are usually very similar, and at times, can be so similar that hybrids are possible. Always remember to italicize or underline scientific names in formal writing. Wikipedia describes it well: Wikipedia
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Oct 12, 2010, 11:33 PM

Tamarind is the common name of Tamarindus indica. Tamarindus indica is the scientific name. Tamarindus is the genus, and indica is the species, but a species name is not used without the genus name when describing a species.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formula Nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name for Sr(C2H3O2)

Nomenclature for cyclohexanes? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the correct nomenclature for a cyclohexane with four substituents. The stereochemistry of the cyclohexane is (1R, 2R, 5S, 6S). The methyl groups on 1 and 6 are pointed away and the groups on 2 and 5 are pointed towards you. I know 2 substituents is di- and 3 substituents is...

Examples for binomial nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

My science teacher told us to a assignment on Binomial nomenclature with about a 100 examples for it CAN I HAVE SOME EXAMPLES FOR BINOMIAL NOMENCLATURE LIKE FOR EXAMPLE - DOG = Canis familiaries please I hope you answer my question soon:)

Archaebacteria Examples and Binomial Nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm in middle school and I was working on a homework assignment. I was having a bit of trouble finding examples of archaebateria along with their binomial nomenclature.:confused: I'm hoping I can find the answer before Monday (2-25) Thanks.:)

Nomenclature- gr.11 chemistry [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please help me answer the following problems as soon as possible so that I can check if my assignment is correct. Thank you so much and I appreciate your help so much! a) sulfurous acid b)chromium(iii) fluoride c)mercurous hypobromite d)nitrogen monoxide e)ammonium carbonate...

View more questions Search