Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MariamElmasry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 07:25 AM
    What to do if your mum hates you?
    My mum has just snapped. All angry and
    Moody. She changes her mind so fast and ruins everything. One day I'm going to aa birthday the next I'm suddenly not allowed. One day she says to put my brother without a seatbelt the next day she slaps
    Me. She promises me a phone then she swears she's not getting me anything. I cry
    Myself to sleep while she's watching movies and making popcorn. The thing that gets me the most is that she acts all inncent at other homes and when we get home the verbal bashing begins.
    "you're an idiot"
    "I regret the day I gave birth to you"
    "you dot know how to do anything"
    "your usless like your father"
    "son or daughter of a b****"
    " dirty hogs "
    "I want to leave and move t another country"

I seem to not enjoy anything. She walks out of the house and leaves us not telling us anything
    g. She stays up late and sleeps during the day. She can't buy herself anything. She's just mentally dead.
    I'm scared of her and this isn't a normal daughter tomorher attitude I need private help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:56 AM

Sounds to me she's under some serious stress and is just lashing out at anyone that's near her at the moment. And I'm willing to bet she's been keeping the reasons to herself.

My first guess is money problems... as in not enough to make ends meet.
    marscee Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2010, 06:44 AM
    I Have been through this before . If you could get away from your mom for a little but that would be good because my mother use to call me types of *****es and hores and sluts and I have a younger sister she use to treat better then me ,

Then I moved with my grandma because my mom use to drink on a daily base and so then when I moved with my grandma my mom got better and know me and my mom are civil with each other . So my best advice is too just go away for a little bit .
    girlfriend12 Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Oct 13, 2010, 08:56 PM
    Dude I feel really sorry for you maybe you should get presents then she might shapeup
    jud101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 01:50 PM
    She is under stress but what you can do is go to her room and ask "do you hate me?" then her answer. After if she slap you, you ask does it really helps when you take your anger out on me? Then you prove what makes your think that she hates you and after you r finished you start your own speech and u just walk away she'll probbly come running back.

*** email deleted****
    Hazelnut07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Dear Mariam,
    I know how you feel, my mother does the same thing.
    I'm 17 and she treats me like ****.(pardon the language)
    She has mood swings, is constantly rude, absolutely abrupt and continuously yelling at me.
    She starts fights with me ALL THE TIME
    I honestly feel your pain.
    It's not as easy as it seems to say "oh face her" or "Tell her"
    No, its hard to do that.
    What I do to cope with this is to block her out of my mind even when she's constantly in my face.
    I pick something that I'm passionate about like for me its Languages
    I read books in a different language or just think about my future as a language teacher or something.
    Anything to block her out

Ignore her (this may be hard at first) but what else can you do when she's screaming
    Just block her the hell out.

Her insanity & problems SHOULD NOT become yours.
    Oh and eventually, you'll be able to raise your children KNOWING full well how to PROPERLY raise them
    In CONTRAST to your mother's stupid ways.

I wish you all the best Mariam :)
    I know we'll both come out safe, happy and healthy from this insanity.

I GOT YOU! <3 :)
    Message me if you need to talk EVER :)
    queennancy98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 05:43 AM
    I leave in a foreign land with ma mother and kid brother am 20 and ma mother treats me like she insults me all the time watever I do in the house doesn't please her she treats ma kid brother better than m .she says am a bad luck to her life and ma brother is the one that brought riches to her she says am a wicket child just like ma dad she doesn't allow me g from the house except for school .ma school is so far from wee I school I getu at 5 every morning to prepare m brother for school and I have to attend class by 9 am I take 3 hours to arrive eveyday.she doesn't by m clothes or shoes she just give her used once to me ,she treats me like a house mate and a baysitter.
    Queen.malaysia
    bella79623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 01:21 PM
    Hello I know I probably aren't allowed on this as I am 10 but I think my mum hates me as she keeps shouting swearing hitting and she makes me cry whereas my brother who is mildley autistic she treats him like a god. Please can you give me some advice thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
    I think most of you kids, deserve to have kids just like each of you are right now. I bet everyone of you will NOT think the way you do now.
    Grandparents get to laugh when their kids have to suffer what they were put through.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
    OK lets get this back on track here.

You need to talk to someone. Anyone at school, teacher, principal, talk to your friends parents. This needs to stop, and buying presents and spending time away is NOT GOING TO MAKE IT STOP.

Please, Speak to someone who can help.
    jchar54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 12:19 AM
    My Mum is like this as well, I wan't to go away for a wile but she say's to me If I go then I can't come back.
    ohdeargod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 07:17 PM
    My mom told me she hates me and I have no friends she is always cursing and treating my sister better
    Tingy Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 19, 2012, 06:08 PM
    First of all if u are being physically abused e.g.. She is hitting, slapping you then u need to inform someone who can help such as a school teacher, coucellor, police,DOCS ects. It may mean that u no longer get to live with her but at least u will be safe

If your just being verbally abused then u either Need to Make the choice to move away/live with relative or friend or u need to find a way to ignore it. For example my mother is on depression medication and when she delays in taking it she becomes an angry bitter ! And I am the target for her anger... but as she's screaming at me all I do is think to myself how physicist if she is and how she needs to go see a therapist, I also say to myself as she screaming get over it , just off, go get a life... I don't listen to a works she says while she's screaming and then I don't talk to her till she comes and grovels.

Basically my point is ignore her or live without her
    chese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Just think of it this way when you turn 18 you can move out:-)
    lexielambert123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
    You guys problems are way worse my mom just yells at me and grounds me but I get mad anyway but your problems need to be handled the right way u need to go get help for a teacher a police and anyone around u who u think can help.

Yep that's exactly what u can do.
    k195 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 12:44 PM
    Hi :) I read your comment and I took your advise to heart, I have the same issues and know how awful it feels. It makes me cry, but at least I now know that there are other of my age who are feeling the same thing. So thanks to your comment I have been trying to block it out, I've taken up sport (badminton and walking) and I have been focusing doubly hard on my work, thanks for the advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut07 View Post
    Dear Mariam,
    I know how you feel, my mother does the same thing.
    I'm 17 and she treats me like ****.(pardon the language)
    She has mood swings, is constantly rude, absolutely abrupt and continuously yelling at me.
    She starts fights with me ALL THE TIME
    I honestly feel your pain.
    It's not as easy as it seems to say "oh face her" or "Tell her"
    No, its hard to do that.
    what I do to cope with this is to block her out of my mind even when she's constantly in my face.
    I pick something that I'm passionate about like for me its Languages
    I read books in a different language or just think about my future as a language teacher or something.
    anything to block her out

Ignore her (this may be hard at first) but what else can you do when shes screaming
    Just block her the hell out.

Her insanity & problems SHOULD NOT become yours.
    Oh and eventually, you'll be able to raise your children KNOWING full well how to PROPERLY raise them
    in CONTRAST to your mother's stupid ways.

I wish you all the best Mariam :)
    I know we'll both come out safe, happy and healthy from this insanity.

I GOT YOU! <3 :)
    Message me if you need to talk EVER :)
    zaber8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 03:11 PM
    I know how you feel I'm 12 and my mother said she hates me and called me a
    nourirannii Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Don't worry about how she treats your brother different than you, he just needs some little attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mum hates me. [ 15 Answers ]

So.. I'm really sad and angry. My mom spends all day talking bad about me and even makes fun of me in front of others in fact I don't have friends except one girl who understands me. My mom doesn't give me any money in weekends and she says that everybody does it if children don't work in home. It...

I think my mum hates me. [ 6 Answers ]

How can you be yourself when you don't even know who that person is? Let alone be "that child" when you didn't know how you acted or behaved like? My mum thinks I'm selfish, rude and a liar. I know she does, she says it every time we are arguing but why is it always okay for her to say how she...

About my mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum talks to her self and shouts n says she's talken to the deid do you thik she is or dose she need help ? She makes me so angry I have anger problems thank you :mad::)

How should I tell my mum? [ 11 Answers ]

OK this is the story... briefly I like a guy We have been getting to know each other for about 8 months (just talking in work, texting, myspace, msn... nothing more) I have decided after a hell of a lot of thought I want to take it further and I know he does too In the past I've said no, as I...

Is my mum OK [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me anything that my mother would like to tell us. We are all missing here dreadfully.

View more questions Search