Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adraw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 05:16 AM
    Social Security Survivors Benefits
    My father passed away in 1992. My mother is 78 and never received survivors benefits that she believes she is due to her. Is this something that Social Security automatically does for her or she needs to apply for. And if she needs to apply can she still apply after all this time has passed?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 05:53 AM

Your mother should call or visit the SS office and ask how to proceed. Here is some useful info for you (and her):

Social Security Online: Widows, Widowers & Other Survivors: Qualify and Apply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security benefits [ 8 Answers ]

Can a credit card company put a freeze on my checking account in which my social security disability check is deposited in?

Social Security Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

My wife (an elementary school teacher) originally worked for employers (school districts in Texas0 who were in the Social Security system. Then, she switched employers and works at a school that opted out of the Social Security system years ago. They do not take social security taxes out of her...

Social security benefits [ 1 Answers ]

What age does my child get terminated from social security this. Benefits.

Social security benefits [ 2 Answers ]

:) is social security money deposited in bank Safe from garnishments or liens from creditors?

Social security benefits [ 6 Answers ]

My husband received a :p fully favoriable decision on SSDI not ssi. He has worked since he was 17 years old. Anyway he is disabled and ssa award his disability to him July 27, 2006 and it is know October 19, 2006 and he has not received nothing from them. He is suppose to receive 4 years of...

View more questions Search