Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MattXFX Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 04:09 AM
    I've just been put on anti-depressants,
    I've been having problems lately with anxiety, depressing thoughts, suicidal thoughts and just negativity. I went to see the doctor and he immediately put me on the anti-depressant, praxil. I want to know what to expect once I start taking them because I hear that anti-depressants can really screw with you and my doctor didn't have much time to talk about it.

What kind of mood will I be in?
    How will it effect me in general?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 06:39 AM

Well if you mean screw with you, as in help you feel better, make you think clearer, I guess they do. They will make you think you are well and want to stop taking them for one, ( which you don't want to do)

Just take them, this worry is all part of the problem that you need the medication for
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:22 AM

Antidepressant use should be closely monitored during at least the first 30 days. (Practice Recommendations). Further, prescription usually (or should) follow a thorough evaluation and discussion of symptoms.

Following is information on Paxil (paroxetine), however depression is a serious condition that should not be treated summarily. I would recommend a second opinion from a doctor or mental health professional that will take the time to completely evaluate your needs and fully explain any recommended treatment.

Paxil Information from Drugs.com

How you will respond to this medication is unknown. Therefore the necessity for frequent follow-up for at least 30 days.

Please note that you are in the age group (under 24) where serious and profound side effects are most likely to occur. Please read the above disclosure carefully and note the required FDA warnings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anti depressants [ 9 Answers ]

Is their any anti depressant that you can buy at Walmart or a similar store without a prescription?

Anti-depressants and Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me which anti-depressants are safe to take during pregnancy? I am a military wife and we have been transferred to a new state recently and have not been set up with Dr.'s yet. We're working on it, but I don't want to keep taking this medication if it is hurting my baby. I am...

My doc put me on anti-depressants [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if this sounds normal to anyone. He put me on a 10 low dose of anti-depressants to get ride of my headaches. I've been on them for almost 2 weeks now and yes they have helped. Though my boyfriend thinks that I've gone crazy now. Am I going to have to stay on these forever so my...

Anyone know anything about anti-depressants? [ 10 Answers ]

My doctor recommended them to me but I'm really scared of using them. Does anyone know any possible side effects they may have (ex. Prozac)

Anti-depressants and relationships - surviving OK? [ 13 Answers ]

Anyone been married happily or living happily with someone while on anti-depressants? I ask because I wonder how effective they are, and am curious to see how people on this forum have dealt with medication and relationships... While I do not require them, I see more and more people who are...

View more questions Search