Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ekaphopsaejee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 10:08 PM
    Ex- Girlfriend Issue
    Dear Anyone,
    I have known this girl for quite a while, I have had girlfriends before but she was different. We have been dating for half a year now but one night she sent me a text saying we should break up. =( For the past few months, she has been dating two of my friends and because of that I never talked to my friends again. This girl is a very strong christian and she hates it when I drink or smoke or party.After her finding out that my second friend doesn't like her due to some issues, she then starts talking to me and starts giving hints that she wants to get back together. But as soon as she knew I went out partying(I was trying to forget her) she ignored me, forever but last night she told me that we shouldn't talk to each other...

I know I sound really immature or something like that but thing is I can't stop thinking about her, no matter how much alcohol consumptions I had. :(
    jheep Posts: 31, Reputation: 14

Oct 6, 2010, 01:37 AM
    Tell her how you feel and what you want. Be honest. No more playing games.

If she agrees to have you, well then good. Start on a clean slate.

If she doesn't agree to be with you, then just accept being dumped by her. It will hurt and it will probably hurt a lot.

But at least you'll not be in limbo. It will either be heaven or hell for you. And you'll be able to move on with your life with or without her.

P.S.
    Alcohol will not make you forget. You have to deal with your own feelings and work through it, no matter how difficult it may be especially if you don't get what you want. That's life.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 05:39 AM

You shouldn't have to change who you are and what you like to do to please someone. This girl was dating two of your other friends and when it didn't work out with them, all of a sudden she wants you back. I wouldn't be sitting around waiting nor would I give her the satisfaction of having me back after TWO of my FRIENDS didn't work out. She broke up with you over a text then dated two of your close friends. She doesn't seem to even respect you.

Don't treat yourself like a revolving door. Just because she is a devout Christian doesn't give her the right to judge you or patronize you. Move on and do what she asked. No reason to talk to her again.

And as far as drinking to forget, it doesn't work out. It intensifies the emotions and makes the morning after worse. How about doing productive things to take your mind off her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 09:26 AM

Cutting all contact with her and do your own thing, and build a life that you enjoy, are the ways to get over a failed romance, and move beyond it. Looking for solutions in a bottle is a losers game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VERY Complicated girlfriend issue [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everybody. Im new to this whole thing, since I'm usually the one helping and not the one asking the questions so much. But I'm seeking a bit of help or mind easing. Sorry that this is so unorganized and long. Ive been dating this girl now for about 6 months(im 17, she's 15 ) Im fully and...

New girlfriend is a stunner - So what's the issue? [ 26 Answers ]

Ok, I will try to cut a long story short. I came out of a three year serious relationship last summer, feeling generally down and crap about myself and the world in general. The reasons for the break up were clear however, and I accepted it at the time, as hard as it was. So that's history now (I...

Girlfriend Issue - What should I do? [ 10 Answers ]

This girl I'm seeing just called me today crying over the phone. I asked her what was wrong, but she told me that she can't tell me. So, I told her everything would be all right, etc. But, she kept on crying and started having a panic attack, so once I got her out of the panic attack she said that...

My boyfriends ex-girlfriend issue. I don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

Well for starters.. my name is chelsy and I need help figuring out to do with my boyfriend of 3months. We started seeing each other during school, not dating just seeing. Well I knew his ex-girlfriend and him stilled talked and stuff... I just didn't think much of it. Anyway ill get to the point....

View more questions Search