Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LynnM Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2010, 03:13 PM
    Exponential Equation
    Can anyone help me with this question:

( [(9^{2x-1}) (3^{3x})^2] / [(27^{x+2})^4] ) = 81^3

I know that x=-19 but I keep getting -1.5 and 8. Step by step would be really appreciated. Thank you.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 01:59 AM

Okay, put everything to base 3.

Now, work out the powers:

Now, you know that and

Apply this:

Now, simplify:

Equate the powers:

This gives you:

LynnM Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2010, 07:03 AM
    Thanks once again! I now see where I was going wrong. After I worked out the powers, instead of adding the top powers, I was trying to multiply them. (Actually, I think I did try to add them at one point but still ended up with the wrong answer!) Oye! Lol!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone explain step by step how to make x the subject in an exponential equation [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain step by step how to make x the subject in an exponential equation? I know the general form is y = ae^kx So the just say I need to find out at what time would the experiment be at its half life which is 50, so I sub 50 into the following equation: y = 92.776e^(-0.701t)...

Making a word equation out of a symbol equation [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new here. I don't understand this thing with the word equation so well. I wondered if anybody could tell me if this is correct: CH4+3 O2 -> CO2+2 H2O (CH4=methane) my answer (the word equation): one methane atom (?) reacts with three oxygen molecules (?) to give one carbon...

An exponential equation [ 7 Answers ]

This equation: f(x)= (x-2)2^(x-1) Says to state the equation of the horizontal asymptote. How do I do I do this without using a calculator?

View more questions Search