Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TLS01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
    How do I find out the 401k plan administrator for dexter axle from 1990?
    I've contacted HR at Dexter with no luck. I need to know what the balance in my 401K was in Jan. 1991. I moved the money to a new employer later, but no help there either. Dexter Axle merged with Tomkins in 1991 I believe.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 12:57 PM

Who manages your 401K... its rarely if ever your employer. Easy to find out... when you get your 401K statements it will say so...

An Example is Fidelity, John Hancock does as well, there are a large number of different ones...

Your employer makes the deposits on your behalf... but you manage how they are invested.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 01:20 PM

Perhaps the administrator of your current 401(k) plan has records of where your rollover came from?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 06:16 PM

And to be honest,if you already moved the money, why do you need to know who it was and the old balance, since you know the balance it was the money you moved over /?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out who my 401k plan is with? [ 5 Answers ]

This plan is from a previous employer. I need to locate my plan. I have not gotten help from my employer. I was a teacher for the state of ms. Thank you for your help.

How to find out if there is any money from my deceased husbands 401k plan [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was murdered 2 years ago, He worked for Vista Paints for a few years then he was a Manager for Lowe's in Moreno Valley I know he had a 401K at both places. How do I find out if me or His two children are Intitled to that money?

401k I was told I couldn't touch it by the plan administrator? Is this possible? [ 15 Answers ]

I want to use my 401k for the purchase of my first home,I was told by my plan administrator that they didn't do that and that I would have to quit working there to do so is this legal?

View more questions Search