Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsallgood567 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Greek born australia citizen perma american visa question
    Hi, I'm a greek born, Australian citizen, I wish to try and get a permanent visa to live in America one day, I hear that the greek passports (wich I can easily apply for and get) are now dual passports with america or something along those lines, could somehow shed some light/ clear up some of the confusion with this? Would having the dual greek/american passport make getting a perma visa to america easier?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but any help woud be great.. thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 09:27 AM

You aren't getting an American Passport UNTIL you are a USA citizen...

And America issues its passports as a dual anything with NO other country.

I would contact the American consulate in the country you reside to make application for a visa.
    itsallgood567 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 06:36 PM
    How hard is it to actually get a perma american visa?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 06:47 PM

There is no dual passport...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallgood567 View Post
    How hard is it to actually get a perma american visa?
    Very hard... and there is a big waiting list. Apply but don't expect an answer soon. And there is no permanent anything, much less a Permanent Visa... all Visas expire, they all have conditions... Even green cards expire and need renewed periodically.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Oct 11, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    There is no dual passport.....
    L is correct. I think you are getting confused with immigration terminology and the recent inclusion of Greece for the visa waiver program for visitor visas. http://athens.usembassy.gov/niv_waiver_program.html

If you want to immigrate and get a permanent resident visa, then you need to see what basis you can qualify under, employment-based or family-based generally. Consult with an immigration attorney for basic information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Us citizen born in greece, can I become a greek citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

Both parents are US citizens. I was born in greece and have a birth certificate stating such. Can I apply for dual citizenship in greece?

Born on US Naval Base in Philippines: Father American, Mother Filipino-citizen or no? [ 1 Answers ]

On July 10th 1986 I was born on a US Naval Base in the Philippines. My father was in the Navy at the time and I believe he was married to my Filipino mother. I moved to the US when I was 6 in 1992. I was issued a green card. I obviously also had a passport. Both are now gone and lost. I do not know...

How does a 2nd Generation Greek American get Greek Citizenship? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents were born in the United States, but all of their antecedents were born in Greece (or Turkish-held Greece -- Samos). Although my command of the language is very limited, I do have a Greek baptismal certificate and knowledge of Greece's history and culture. I am 56 and would like to...

View more questions Search