Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anncmary22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
    DA filed charges on 17 year old for assult w/deadly weapon
    My 17 year old daughter is curently in JH in California. The DA on her, (her ex did not press charges). Her charge is assult with a deadly weapon against her now 21 year old ex boyfriend, (at the time of the asult he was her boyfriend). The DA is asking for two felony strikes that she will carrie with her the rest of her life. My daughers Public Defender is wanting to go after the ex boyfriend for being with her while she was under age and him as an adult. Could this help her case? Could my daughters Public Defender somehow get the sentence lowered cause him being a child preditor? My daughter had been dating him sense she was 13 and he was 18. She got pregnant. When she was 15 now she is 5 months pregnant. Again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2010, 07:00 PM

And is the DA also going to come after the parents for allow this preditor to be with their child ?

But no, her attorney will need to show that she did not attack him or she did it in self defense.

Her background may help in sentencing to get her less prison time.

And of course defense attorney does not "go after" he merely reports it to the police.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is about assult with a dangerous weapon [ 2 Answers ]

What is the guidelines in wayne county Michigan for assult with a dangerous weapon? I do have 2 felony drug charges for delivery of remanufactured cocaine under 50 grams..

Pressing Assult charges [ 2 Answers ]

How much time do you have to press charges for assult.

Divorce with assult charges [ 1 Answers ]

How will a person pleading guilty to assult charges affect their divorce with a custody ballte invovled?

Charged with a Felonious Assault with a deadly weapon. Trial on Monday [ 37 Answers ]

I have had a history with my child's fathers wife. She hates me and I don't know why. I have had to call the police on her several times. I have the reports where she has harassed me and tried to attack me. She attacked me from behind by pulling my hair and trying to fight me one night while I...

Assult with a deadly weapon [ 2 Answers ]

Can an investigator for the defendants attorney call the plaintiff and ask questions before it goes to court?

View more questions Search