Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onboardboatdoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Can I prevent a judgement
    Is there any means of preventing a debit collector or bank from obtaining a judgement against me? Do I have any legal methods prior to a judgement being filed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2006, 08:12 AM
    You can work out a satisfactory payment plan. You can prove at the judgment hearing that the debt is not valid or not yours.

You can show where you havve offered a reasonable payment plan and they have refused. You can go bankrupt (normally)

You need to hire an attorney to review the debt and give you the legal options
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Its simple, pay the bill. But if you don't pay then you force them to obtain a judgement against you to collect on the debt.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 12:55 PM
    YOu havethe right to defend against the alleged debt if the file suit.

They must possess the original contract or note, they must product that note in court.

If no note or contract hen they have no case. YOu must appear in count and demand to see the original .
    JustPeeps Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 08:35 AM
    I am not an expert by any means but I recently went through something similar. A local bank was suing me for a judgement. I contacted the President and Vice President and arranged a meeting to discuss the fact that I was willing to pay the debt but just could not pay the amount they were requesting in full or in large monthly amounts. I provided them with an amount I could pay and after a few days we entered into a contract with those agreements, causing the judgement to be withdrawn unless I fail to follow through with my repayment plan. However, you must be willing and able to pay something every month and not miss a payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prevent a tan from peeling? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew what I can use to prevent my tan from peeling and my skin getting too dry? Thanks.

How to prevent forehead wrinkle, can I purifying the forehead skin often [ 2 Answers ]

How to prevent forehead wrinkle, can I purifying the forehead skin often?

Ball missing in sewer drain to prevent back flow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to replace the missing ball in my basement floor drain without completely removing the existing pipe and concrete floor? The drain has backed up a few times but nothing major; a partial clog has been removed. I would like to replace the ball before anything serious happens. ...

How do you prevent MS Word from requesting a virus scan? [ 8 Answers ]

What I want to know is how to prevent MS Word from making the request in the first place. What registry entry, if there is one, needs to be changed to disable it. Yes, I've read the other posts about Word requesting virus scans and those solutions do not help my set up. I have virus protection...

Water Heater... is There A Blow Back Valve To Prevent The Tank From Going Dry And [ 8 Answers ]

Damage will result if element comes on when tank is dry in a water heater. I live in a community where the water is constantly being shut off and the element burns out. Is there a type off blow back valve that can be installed to prevent the tank from going dry.

View more questions Search