Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grobie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Medicare tax exemption and Govt retirement plans
    I am a member of CALPERS. Am I exempt from medicare in addition to being exempt from SSI?
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Oct 5, 2010, 02:11 AM
    QUOTE,"I am a member of CALPERS. Am I exempt from medicare . . . "----It depends on your choice;your Medicare covers many but not all of your health care costs. In addition to Medicare's monthly premium and annual deductible, there may be co-payments, and some services are not covered at all.
    To reduce your Medicare out-of-pocket costs, CalPERS Medicare health plans provide coverage that supplements your Medicare benefits. Enrolling in a Medicare health plan is not automatic. After you enroll in Medicare, you must contact CalPERS to request a change from your Basic plan to a CalPERS sponsored Medicare health plan. The effective date of enrollment will be the first of the month following the date CalPERS receives the information.
    You can contact the Social Security Administration :Social Security Online - Medicare Program Info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Govt taking our retirement through tarp manipulation [ 9 Answers ]

I lost so much my investment retirement 401k rollover online because of tarp govt intervention.. cit lea c gm oc and many other stocks that went under this program. I feel cheated out of my life savings.. my question is why should I do now to support those who say they are here to serve and...

Tax treaty exemption and medicare tax [ 2 Answers ]

I am an Italian Visiting Professor entered I USA with a J1 VISA on July 2006. During this time I didn't received any salary fro USA University. I left from USA on October 2006. I entered again with a new J1 Visa on July 2008. I received regular salary from USA University from this data up to...

Medicare Tax exemption [ 1 Answers ]

Are anyone on Medicaid exempt from medicare tax? If a US citizen is on medicaid benefit, doesn't he or she have to pay medicare tax from his/her menial wage?

Social security and medicare tax exemption [ 1 Answers ]

Tax Expert, My wife came to the U.S. on Aug. 26 2000, she thought she could be exempted from social security and medicare tax until Aug. 26, 2005, is that correct? Thanks a lot

View more questions Search