Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0223C Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 12:19 AM
    I'm in love with my childhood sweetheart, but I haven't talked to her in over 4 years
    Ok, to start this off I would first like to give a little background on this whole situation. I'm 17 and the girl I'm referring to is 16 (we'll call her Tara). She transferred to a different school district about 4 years ago. She is popular now, I'm a loner. With that said, I'll explain my problem.

Tara and I were childhood boyfriend/girlfriend from 1st grade through 4th grade, then I kind of dropped the whole thing. I became infatuated with another girl. And of course that was the biggest mistake of my life.

About the beginning of 5th grade I realized I still had feelings for Tara. It seemed too late because she was already beginning to hang out with the popular crowd, and I'm the quiet/shy type that usually sticks to a few close friends. I can't even come up with enough courage to call her!

I feel that too much time has gone by and I've let it go for too long, but even today, at 17, I still believe she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I've had some other family issues in my life and I'm on the verge of depression, so I don't feel like I could confront Tara and tell her how I feel for fear of rejection.

You all probably think I'm an obsessive psychopath by now, or that I'm too young to be feeling this way. But I assure you that this is real, please treat it as such and give me the respect you would expect. I need some truth, advice, and more importantly some encouragement in this situation. I don't feel like I can move on. I've tried dating other people in high school, but they've all failed because I am too attached to Tara.

I am at a last resort, please give me any advice you can.

-Thanks
    lily-butterfly Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 12:51 AM
    Hi N0223C
    You all probably think I'm an obsessive psychopath by now, or that I'm too young to be feeling this way. But I assure you that this is real, please treat it as such and give me the respect you would expect. I need some truth, advice, and more importantly some encouragement in this situation. I don't feel like I can move on. I've tried dating other people in high school, but they've all failed because I am too attached to Tara.
    First there is no age for love and age is just a number
    Anyway... you need to have the self-confidence in everything
    Show her somehow that youcare about her indirectly and when you'll have the self confidence you will have no fear of calling her.call her invite her somewhere alone or with friendand tell her about your feeling... if you don't have the courage to tell her face to face.. send her a messege or by the fone.
    NOTE: use eye contact with her serch for her nervous system in her eyes.(sticky eyes)
    GOOD LUCK
    Jtak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Confindence will help tell her how you fell don't be shy forget about how popular she is an you are not

"♥If you love her...let her know...if you dont...then let her go...♥"
    N0223C Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the encouragement! Since I've posted on here, I've gotten her email address, and I have been trying to talk to her in that fashion until I can call her. It feels good to actually take a step towards doing something about this.
    jonrenteria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
    I know exactly how you feel, though my stories a bit different. Mine moved away before we had any closure, and moved back without ever telling me. About a yea after she moved back, I started having dreams about her. They reminded me of what I had repressed forr so long... And I wanted to talk to her. I found her on myspace, and because of my feelings, I kind of bugged her until she deleted me as a friend. I thought it was time for me to move on, so I tried, till last month when the dreams came back... So under the advice of a friend, I confessed my love for her(I had never done so before) and got a rather confusing answer... Don't make my mistake of never speaking up, it'll come back to haunt you. If she's willing to talk to you, meet her, and let it all out. Everything. If she doesn't love you, you have closure. If she does, you're the happiest man on earth. Social status is bull****, follow your heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my high school sweetheart [ 10 Answers ]

The man I love is married and he says he is going to leave his wife for me. He says he still loves me and wants me back as his wife. I don't know what to think I love him still as well. Alls we do is talk about how much we love one another and how much we miss one another. I have a feeling that it...

High School Sweetheart 17yrs. Later [ 15 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. Here's my situation: A year and a half ago my high school sweetheart emailed me out of the blue. I'm trying to figure out where things are going, good or bad, I'm often confused by the situation. Here's background: We dated for 2-3 years in...

Finally talked wife into it! [ 29 Answers ]

RickJ is a proud poppa again. I'm so happy I just can't resist showing him off. My sons are very excited about their new brother - but my daughters don't quite share the same enthusiasm yet. I think they'll come around though. Haven't thought of a name yet; I'm thinking about Reggie. It's...

I talked to him... told him everything [ 50 Answers ]

I followed everyone's advice and spoke to him about everything even telling him that I don't trust him and I feel so much better besides feeling exhausted! I brought up instances that I remember very clearly and his response was:- Shocked! But, as its all of a sexual nature, he said that he...

Still love my ex after 2 years... I hate it! [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old female who is just now realizing I love my ex still. We broke up a year and a hlaf ago, but tried to do the friend thing until he found another woman. He has been with her for 6 months. He stopped talking to me when he found her. (Good thing) I thought I was over him until I...

View more questions Search