Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nostopin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Why does a charge show up on my record from the military if I was never convicted?
    While in the Air Force I was partying with some friends one night. We were all hammered drunk. A femail airmen and I were messing around sexually, but did not have any form of intercorse. She later told her friend it was not consentual afraid her boyfriend would find out, and leave her. Her friend contacted OSI and I was arrested and charged with Indecent Assault. After hearing of the trouble I was in she told OSI to drop the case and they did. I do not know exactly what she said to OSI, but never the less the case went no further, and I never went to court martial. However since there was alcohol involved, and I had a prior DUI I was administrativly discharged General under Honerable conditions. That was well over 5 years ago. I am now trying to obtain my P.O.S.T certificate for a Park Ranger job, and this comes back on my record. I can not obtain my P.O.S.T cert because I did not disclose this conviction (remember I was never convicted) How do I dispute this, and get it removed from my military/FBI record?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 04:08 PM

Which charge is showing up, the drinking part or the assault part.

Also for post, just the arrest will show up, even if not convicted

And to be honest with the drunken sex with a fellow worker, even with no charges, most likely the department would not consider you anyway,

Oct 3, 2010, 04:29 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    My live scan Fingerprints came back saying I was denied because I answere no to any other convictions other than the DUI. It listed Indecent Assault from Langley AFB. I was under the impression if I was not convicted I didn't have to say yes.

Oct 3, 2010, 04:33 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    She told OSI from the beginning there was no sex. My problem is getting far enough to explain the charges before they throw my app away. If I disclose that charge on my app I might be able to get my cert, but then the employers sees it as a conviction
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 9, 2010, 03:12 AM
    You should have kept all documents. It does sound like you have a conviction - for the drinking and maybe some term regarding inappropriate behavior. You could see if a lawyer would think this can be appealed in any way, but I wouldn't count on it, sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Arrest Record [ 14 Answers ]

Over 10 years ago I was arrested and court martialed for distribution of a controlled substance while serving overseas. I was acquitted during the courts-martial. Later, another soldier ended up accepting a bad conduct discharge for the offense since the evidence in my courts-martial pointed...

Does a 'charge' mean convicted? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if somebody is charged with a crime does it mean the same thing as being convicted of a crime. There are two women running for Governor in New Mexico. One woman is accusing the other of being soft on criminals. She uses the term "charged" with a sex crimes in one of her ads and...

Can A Convicted Felon Join the Military [ 2 Answers ]

I have been convicted of a grandtheft and have been to prison and done my time can I be in the military now or not. I'm on no prohbation or parole.

View more questions Search