Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsresponsible Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Moving out of Florida with my son after divorce
    I need help. I'm moving out of Florida after a divorce and taking my son with me. My husband is active duty military and has been restationed in Mississippi. My ex doesn't pay chiuld support unless having to purge himself out of jail 1-2 times a year but does get him for visitation. In our divorce in 2007 there is nothing stating I can't move, since then a new law has been passed. DOes it apply to me? What should I do? The judge called my ex a malingerer in the last order for contempt surely they wouldn't take his side and make us stay?? Help...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2010, 07:59 AM

Child support has nothing to do with visitation - unfortunately. If he's active military why isn't the cs taken directly out of his paycheck (like a million other parents do).

You cannot keep the child from his father. If you want to move, I would ask the Court for permission. If you don't and visitation doesn't happen you can be held in contempt and brought back to Florida to address the charges.

By the way, what new law?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Florida and my fathers son is in Indiana does my son have to go there? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved to Florida 3yrs ago.. my sons father is in Indiana and has not been much in his life when he has been it has been heartache for my little boy... so much to the point I have him in thearpy... and he has been bakeracked... now out of the blue my sons father wants to go to court to get...

Married in vegas, live in Florida and I want the divorce. Can I do it in Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in Vegas.. I'm from Guatemala, we are still in the process of legalizating me, but we've been having a lot of problems, and I'm actually contemplating a divorce. We live in Florida... do I have to go back to vegas to get a divorce, can I do it from here in Florida.. what about...

Moving from Florida to work in NY. What about Tax? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I was working till 6th June 2008 in Florida and moved to NY. I'll be staying in New Jersey but working in Manhattan. I have no clue what type of tax I'll have to pay. Do I need to pay tax for NY and NJ both?? How can I update my Tax form with my employer so I can get more benefit? ...

Married in Florida moving to N.C with children (divorce) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We have not filed for any legal documents yet (divorce). Can I get into trouble for moving myself and my kids out of state to separate fro mtheir father? We are moving from Florida to N.C. The kids were born before the marriage but they are his kids. Can he force me to return legally with the...

View more questions Search