Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dixiegrl83 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Does He Love Me?
    I've been in a relationship with this guy for like 5 years. I am 23 and he is not quite 21 yet. We have a 17 mo old lil girl together and have been off and on for sometime now. Mostly its him using drugs. I don't know what all he is using, in the 1st few years we were together it was only pot, then as years went by he'd quit and then I found out of other things. Overall we have a strong love for eachother. Thats why I've always took him back. But after Madison (our daughter) turned 7 mo he left again after like 1 yr and 1/2 sober...got with a bad chick and got all messed up. When reality hit him he came crying back and wanted us to be ok again. I let him back only to find him being mean again and lying about using again. He cried so much and says he will stop but I dunno if he will. He has so much in front of him and a family to support...My question is...am I blind? Does he really truly love me like he says and its this drug thing thats makin him crazy or does he really not care about me and the drugs mean more? Is it his age and does he still need to grow up? What is the best thing I could do for him? I told him he needs better, new friends and he has to get help or he will lose madison and me forever. Is there something more I should do to show him I care and want to help or is it outta my hands?:(
    chabs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiegrl83
    I've been in a relationship with this guy for like 5 years. I am 23 and he is not quite 21 yet. We have a 17 mo old lil girl together and have been off and on for sometime now. Mostly its him using drugs. I don't know what all he is using, in the 1st few years we were together it was only pot, then as years went by he'd quit and then I found out of other things. Overall we have a strong love for eachother. Thats why I've always took him back. But after Madison (our daughter) turned 7 mo he left again after like 1 yr and 1/2 sober...got with a bad chick and got all messed up. When reality hit him he came crying back and wanted us to be ok again. I let him back only to find him being mean again and lying about using again. He cried so much and says he will stop but I dunno if he will. He has so much in front of him and a family to support...My question is...am I blind? Does he really truly love me like he says and its this drug thing thats makin him crazy or does he really not care about me and the drugs mean more? Is it his age and does he still need to grow up? What is the best thing I could do for him? I told him he needs better, new friends and he has to get help or he will lose madison and me forever. Is there something more I should do to show him I care and want to help or is it outta my hands?:(
    What would you want your daughter to do with a guy like that? I understand he is her dad, but he is not yours or your daughters responsibility. There is a guy out there that will treat you like gold.
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
    This is my opinion and take it or leave it. Bluntly put this guy is bad news right now. This guy choose drugs and himself over you and his daughter. What more can I say to you? Sounds like he uses you as a safety net to come home to, because he knows you'll always take him back. If he seriously wants to be a part of you and Madisons life he needs to prove it by backing up what he says. He needed to stop doing drugs and get his act together before you even consider taking him back.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Drug users have no control over doing the right thing. Leave him alone and protect yourself and your daughter, until you are absolutely sure he is clean and sober. He is useless to everyone even himself.
    lostandnowfound Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Hi
    Ok don't fret... He sounds like he Loves you and part of him knows you're the stable thing in his life... >The key here is he is young... I am 32, I am a pot smoker and I have a beautiful 1 year old... there is time in your life for all of the things you want and desire... but many things can be vary destructive. Just the use of Pot is not... its when the mind wonders away and goes towards harder drugs that you get crazy... and yes all synthetic drugs are where the slide downhill begins... Everything begins with an education... maybe he does not realize his behaviors are as far reaching into the lives of others as he may think... guys are simple... women overthink... in the middle of both is our happy medium... try to tune into him show him that you might be OK with the pot us only... but insist that he enjoys spending time with his daughter and sucks up every minute of his babies cuteness... the statement above about drug users is uneducated and close minded... that is why their kids will grow up to be a user...
    Just because he is your babies dad and you love him... if he choeses the wrong choice over and over again... you need to protect your baby... and you.. I am just about being open and understanding before jumping to any conclusions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my ex [ 3 Answers ]

So here it goes! I am married with a wonderful person for almost 2 years, problem, I still love my ex. To begin with I used to be with the other person for 7 years through a long distance relationship, and a very strange on indeed. After some major propblem I have decided to put everything...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I'm still in love with my ex [ 10 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up 2 years ago in March, although we did not fight before we broke up, it became very messy for a while after we broke up. Eventually I told him I never wanted to speak to him again, however I now regret saying this and have never stopped loving him. He has taken my...

When to Say I Love You... [ 2 Answers ]

I have been seeing someone for about two months now. It is obvious to the both of us that we both feel love for each other, but it seems like we are both afraid to say it. I have tried on several attempts to open up and just say it, but I always chicken out. He said it by accident once, but I...

View more questions Search