Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lplogan1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Wooden bowl--seal to make food safe.
    Wooden bowl--I want to seal it to make it food safe.

I have a pretty antique wooden bowl. It has a mahogany stain on it. Do you know any type of sealer I can put on top of it to make the bowl food safe? I'd like to be able to use it as a salad bowl.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 02:41 AM
    Hi, lplogan1!

What do you mean by a "mahogany stain", please?

Thanks!
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
    I would think that anything you put on it is apt to wear away and you might not be able to tell it, possibly causing a danger to you.

You could possibly line the bowl with plastic wrap and use it for salad greens, serving the dressing on the side. Your best bet would be to use it as a decorative center piece.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food safe in panama? [ 4 Answers ]

Is food safe to eat in Panama?

What can I use to replace plumbers putty on a plastic seal between the bowl and tank? [ 5 Answers ]

Had a leaking flapper valve and a leaking fill valve, so decided to completely replace the guts in our old toilet. When removing the tank, I noticed that the flush gasket connection was packed with tons of putty. Well, I cleaned it all out and replaced all the insides and put it all back together....

Food-safe glue [ 2 Answers ]

I have a couple of insulated plastic tumblers (double-walled, I think is the term). Anyway, the tumblers have come unglued due to frequent trips to the dishwasher, I guess. Rather than throwing them away, I would like to reglue the 'double-wall' pieces back together and keep using them. Does...

My dog won't eat food out of his bowl? [ 3 Answers ]

My golden retreiver will only eat his food off the floor or out of your hand.

Toilet bowl seal [ 1 Answers ]

I took the toilet out of our bathroom. After I removed it, I found there was No wax seal, only a round rubber seal about two inches wide all the way Around. I have looked in stores for this, and have not seen one. I used A wax seal and I have a little bit of water leaking around the base. When...

View more questions Search