Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljdoshey8 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 11:55 PM
    I want to go back to blonde, Im not sure what the best way is please help!
    My hair is naturally a light mousey brown and over the years I have had it bleach blonde, loads of different tones of brown and dark brown and about 4 boxed of black hair dye on it! My hair is now still black and I have tried everything to try and lift the colour at home, such as washing up liquid, lemon, everything I have been advised to and nothing is lifting the colour so I have gave up!
    My hair is in quite good condition it is very shiny and soft just with a few split ends, I think I might just go to the salon and get the colour removed or get it stripped and then some highlights done but I'm not sure what colour it will turn out, I really want to avoid going ginger because I was before when I bleached my hair myself before and I hated it. I don't want to ruin my hair but if I get it stripped etc I will just condition it lots and it will become healthy again like it did when I was last blonde, but I just need abit of advise thanks :) xx
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2010, 06:52 AM

You definitely need to go to a salon. Black dye is really difficult for an amateur to remove and unless they strip it all off, you may get red tones.

Oct 4, 2010, 11:35 AM
    I've been to a salon, I've had 2 sets of full head highlights, they hardly took, now I'm left with black and copper hair, quite bright, and a few odd blonde bits, its horrible, but there's nothing I can do, or my hair will fall out :(
    reem2612 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Personally, I would start with blonde highlights then every 6 weeks go to the salon and get more and more blonde put through your hair until it looks like you have blonde hair with black highlights(obviously spread aross a long period of time) then get the salon to make the black parts blonde then hay presto you have blonde hair!!

Giggle :-)

Oct 24, 2010, 03:07 AM
    Hahaa! Yeah that's what I've been doing (: I have had 2 sets of highlights over about 6 weeks which is really bad lol! Full head of highlights and my hair is copper blonde light brown and black lol, I don't like it lol, I went back again to get it done and they said no because it needs a break so I said fair enough, I'm going to go back in a few weeks or so, I've done lots of conditioning and its getting softer again (: but thankyouuu! I'm just not as patient as that! I've gone a month without hightlights, think I'm going to have to do it in 2 weeks time lol, which is the longest I've gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hair was dyed black and I'm a natural blonde and want to go back blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My hair was blonde to start then I dyed it black and now I want to go bck blonde will it be OK to go back to blonde

How to tone down peroxide blonde hair back to natral ash blonde! [ 2 Answers ]

I have really short dyed peroxide blonde hair as a result of dying my hair from natural ash blonde to brown and hated it! So I decided to dye it to the peroxide blonde as I was told that would get totally rid of the brown (big mistake). My hair feels dead as a result of this! I have drayed a...

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Natural blonde. Dyed it black. Tried 2 go back blonde. Turned orange. HELP?! [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural blonde. About a month ago I dyed it and was hoping for a dark brown, but it turned black. Today I decided I wanted to go back blonde. After I colored it... to me is looks orange/red. It did try to go blonde in some spots though. However my mother thinks it looks like a strawberry...

View more questions Search