Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Great Analogy - I just had to spread this somehow
    Hi,

I recently asked a question to jrussole via pm regarding a response I read of her's in another thread created by Blazingcold.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    I have a question, would you agree that many women go for the wild and crazy kind of guys in the 20 - 25 age bracket but then get treated badly and choose to go for the good men (sincere types)
    What do you think about this? I seem to see these patterns in everyday life with women and perhaps men too..Its not a sexist thing..LOL

Geoff.
    The answer and anology I quite liked was the following:

Quote Originally Posted by jrussole

I will put it to you this way, if you get too close to the fire, you'll get burned. So after a while you learn to stay away from the fire or step back from it so your shoes don't melt. And you find that it can be warm, and much more comfortable than being too close to wear you can get burned again.

When your in your twenties wild and crazy is just feeling your youth and the power of it. But it takes a real man to know that wild and crazy burns out quick and it takes a good man to know how to hold onto and sustain anything precious given to us in life.

I guess I was basing the question mainly on my own experience with a woman at this stage in her life but I have seen many other examples both here at AMHD and in my own life.

I thought that this explained my question perfectly and thought it would be useful for others to read also.

Geoff.:)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Gosh, your really can't give rep on a question.. but I do see why you had to share it Geoff. Pretty good stuff there. Very good in fact. I have just read several of Jrussole's post, WoW she has incredible insight and depth. One of her post absolutely gave me chills. Her words were just incredibly comforting (it was on a different subject matter, about your loved ones passing, incredible words.. )

Geoff thanks for sharing and Jrussole, keep sharing that gift you that you have.!
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 30, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Thank you! I am glad I was able to help both of you! Even if it was in some small way. But most people say I do have a lasting impression on them. There is no gray with me. You either love me or hate me. That one has been accepted as well as anticipated in my life.
    Because I have definitely been burned by the best of them! But the back flash can be brutal! LOL
    This was very very sweet! It made my night! I am humbled and thankful that some have the insight and ability to see the real me. Even when emotionally naked. :)
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Dec 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Very cool. Jrussole is uncanny with her comments.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 31, 2006, 05:30 AM
    Guys! Go out tonight, have fun! Anticipate a new year with gust and fury! Get thrashed, or hip the hop, whatever gets you going! -listen to great music, dance your butt off, even if you usually don't dance! Shock them! Grab a girl or guy (all heart) and give em' a big one smack on the lips! Cause a New Year is approaching! And this year could be the best one ever! I know I will! :)!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Yield spread vs bases points [ 1 Answers ]

How is bases points calculated vs how yield spread is calculated when your making commission off both or individually? Thanks JB

View more questions Search