Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88hatch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 01:06 PM
    88 hatchback won't run right!
    Okay guyz so I have a 88 hatchback and just went today to get catback exhaust put on so I get in my car and drive off 5 minutes later it starts backfiring like crazy so then it just dies try to crank it again and it finally spins over and idles fine as soon as I give it gas it sputters to a stop could this be a sensor or fuel injectors someone help me!
    ravenette Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88hatch
    okay guyz so i have a 88 hatchback and just went today to get catback exhaust put on so i get in my car and drive off 5 mins later it starts backfiring like crazy so then it just dies try to crank it again and it finally spins over and idles fine as soon as i give it gas it sputters to a stop could this be a sensor or fuel injectors someone help me !!
    Have you tried going to Google and looking up manuals for 88 hatchback, they have a lot. May be of some help.
    88hatch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 05:39 PM
    I know where everything on my car is I'm not stupid I just need to know what you guyz think it might be cause it can be 1 of 3 things main relay,coil or my igniter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the previous post about late 80-91 hondas. My car idles great and always starts on the first try. My problem is that it sputters or looses power once in a while when I am driving. It has never stalled while driving.I have taken it to the shop and they have checked everything they think...

1990 honda civic hatchback... [ 3 Answers ]

all right so this is how it all began... I bought this civic... it ran fine for about three days... then every time I would come to a stop it would sputter and then idle normal again... then it just died when I came to a stop... I waited about 15 minutes and it started back up then sputtered and...

Help me fix my 1990 civic hatchback 1.5 [ 4 Answers ]

o.k so I just bought this 1990 honda civic hatchback... it ran fine for about 2 days then every time I would go to slow down it would bog down and want to die... so I put a new fuel filter on it and a new main relay... I started the car and drove it but then when I came to a stop it died and still...

How Do I Read Error Codes on 91 Civic Hatchback [ 4 Answers ]

My car won't start... how do you read the codes? I've found conflicting info. My brother Thinks it was 1 pause 1 pause 3, but that dosen't seem right for the problem. The car Is turning over but won't start... no spark. Help, please... thanks.

Coupe/hatchback? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Can someone tell me the difference between a hatchback and a coupe? In particualer mx-3 hatchback/coupe any differnce at all? Cheers

View more questions Search