Want To Go To The Doctor Because I Feel Something Might Be Wrong
    And He Will Find Some Disease Or Something. I Know This Might Sound
    Funny But It Has Been Going On For Many Years And I Am Constantly Trying
    To Free Myself Of This Fear Any Ache Or Pain I Think I Am About To Die

I Have Went To Counselors And I Keep Myself Busy But This Fear Never Leaves
    Please Answer
    ravenette Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Can I ask you if you are saved? I myself have panic attacks and a lot of depression. I know that when I die its my time and with reading the word I can handle that. You may be interested in learning a deeper one on one with Christ. Like do you only know of him or do you know him personally. Antidepressants could be a good thing to put you on for they make you feel better mentally and also if you are depressed you will have extra aches and pains. You can write if you need any thing. Have had a lot of things in that line for years and years. Good luck, God bless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
    I will agree with ravenette, well said, none of us "want to die" but a saved Christian really has no fear of death, since we know that is what our life is about dying since that is the start of our real eternial life.

I would say you need to KEEP going to your couselors since an extreme fear of death is not healthy as you realise it is..

I will say from a rational side, not going to a doctor, who might find something is the wrong fear, since not going means you would not be treated for something, thus could die, going to the doctor even if he finds something, means it gets treated and can help you not die.

But if gone untreated, this fear can get worst.
    missmuncy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Thanks all for your answers to my fear. I know what you are saying about going to the
    Doctor, but I feared I waited to long. I also have taken care of a lot of people who
    Were on hospice, and I still fear. I don't like taken meds. I have been going to the
    Church, but I think you are referring to born again, which I have gone to. But I will
    Give it another try. Anyway have a happy New Year.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Dec 31, 2006, 11:23 AM
    When did you begin having A Fear Of Death? Can you recall a specific event that could have possibly caused you to believe this way?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 11:49 AM
    The prospect of being dead doesn't bother me a bit. It's the suffering that often precedes death that I worry about. Father Chuck is right, of course. Not going to the doctor for fear you have something is just choosing ignorance over treatment if you do have something, and opting for fear over relief if you don't. Either way, far better to know than to remain in fear and ignorance.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 31, 2006, 11:54 AM
    I once feared death, until I was confronted with my cancer. Now, I am more like OG. I fear the pain and suffering that precedes death.

I opted to go to the doctor and got treatment for my cancer. I am now cured. Had I not done that, I would have lost my battle.

I am no longer afraid to die, as I was given the chace to look death in the face and laugh. I conquored it.

Dec 31, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Thanks so much for all your great answers I will try to pray to overcome this
    Fear nothing happened to me I was raised by my grandmother and mother
    My father was killed in the war. Maybe this is why I don't really know
    I have always been there nervous type when I was younger I had very bad
    Anixety it is great to vent
    Thanks
    colonel000036 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
    I have a 25 mile drive to work. Sometimes my mind starts to wonder a bit and I think about life and how quickly it has passed me by. I am only 39. I have had brain surgery and was actually back to work two weeks after that. Modern medicine is incredible. I know this first hand. For the longest time I had a fear of death. I still do, but I have a way that I rationalize and imagine it will feel.

One morning I woke up and thought to myself. I am not dead! While I was asleep bombs could have gone off, the kids could have been yelling for water, or the alarm could have gone off. It wouldn't have mattered. For those 6 hours I felt dead. For all intents and purposes I was dead. I didn't move a whole lot. I didn't talk to anyone. I didn't do anything.

I started to think again. Sleep is like practice for death. Don't go and become an insomniac because of my email. Sleep and death are really one in the same. The way I have to look at it now is that I died a little every day. So, with this attitude I started up my old workout routine and am working out a lot more. I might as well make the most out of the sleep.

I still think about death. Why else would I have chosen this topic to look under. It is never going to be something I am okay with. I think most would agree. Venting and sharing my idea may help someone cope a little better. You hopefully.

Take care, get an annual checkup, exercise more. Even if it is only walking around the block. Get active.

James

Jan 28, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Thanks James For Your Taughts/i Don't Know About The Checkup But I Will
    Try More Exercise

Jan 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Miss Muncy,

Okay, lets just say you went for a checkup and the doctor comes back and says you are in fine health? You don't have to feel the pressure of wondering. I teach Physical Education here in Florida and love my job. I try to exercise. With two young kids it gets really challenging to squeeze out the time. I am guilty of falling short on my new years resolution to run more and bike more.

Okay if you don't want to do a check up then go to the local drug store and let me know what your blood pressure is. I am not a DR. but know a little about health indexes and all that. If you felt comfortable giving me height and weight and age I could do some calculations or even give you the formula for maximizing your workouts.

About two months ago I found some old weights in the trash (250 lbs. worth) and bought a multibench and started working out on my back patio. I have a six year old and three year old. I stopped working out for myself about 6 years ago. I just recently started doing the weights as my other part of the resolution. I am about 15 workouts into the new year and feeling better than I have in a long time.

Please think about going in for a check up. Ask around and find a fun doctor. Make it worth going. You won't regret it.

James
    moniquem1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missmuncy
    I Have A Fear Of Death. I Have Had It For Many Years It Makes Me Not
    Want To Go To The Doctor Because I Feel Something Might Be Wrong
    And He Will Find Some Disease Or Something. I Know This Might Sound
    Funny But It Has Been Going On For Many Years And I Am Constanly Trying
    To Free Myself Of This Fear Any Ache Or Pain I Think I Am About To Die

I Have Went To Counselors And I Keep Myself Busy But This Fear Never Leaves
    Please Answer
    Its better to KNOW. GO TO THE DOCTOR. Then you will be relieved, or prepared and can tie up lose ends.

Aug 25, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Miss Muncy,

How are you? I have been crazy busy... and not on this site for a while. Did you ever get a checkup to confirm you are doing fine? I hope you are well and living life in the no fear zone. All is well for me.
    James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

Fear [ 16 Answers ]

1. What is fear? 2. What causes fear? 3. What are some physical signs of fear? 4. How do you get over fear? This can be just general scientific answers or personal answers. I need someone else's points of view. :confused:

Fear of airplanes [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, The company I work for has decided they need to send me overseas for business but I'm really not comfortable as I am deathly afraid of planes. I've only been on a plane once and it didn't go too well. I've talked directly to my boss about this and he recons it's just an opportunity to...

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

Fear of Needle [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone who is a medical assistant can answer my question... I want to become a medical assistant, but I have fear of needle and blood, is it require to give injection or to draw blood?

View more questions Search