Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Of course not. A judge would have signed it.

Brace yourself for the response.
    pouchpopper Posts: 26, Reputation: -2

Oct 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    I was ignorant of any time frame regarding contesting anything

Oct 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    I now have 4 different opinions from 4 different so-called attorneys on the same subject... blows my mind

Oct 4, 2010, 10:23 AM
    I get so many different answers on this. 1. one said: insufficiant service of process. 2. one said since my name was forged on the original service of the court order, I could have the matter set aside. 3. another said, no direct established jurisdiction, and that must be accomplished, otherwise the order isn't legal. 4. one said since my ex is the one owed the money and not the actual state, forget it..
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pouchpopper View Post
    i get so many different answers on this. 1. one said: insufficiant service of process. 2. one said since my name was forged on the original service of the court order, i could have the matter set aside. 3. another said, no direct established jurisdiction, and that must be accomplished, otherwise the order isnt legal. 4. one said since my ex is the one owed the money and not the actual state, forget it..

You've been asked what the insufficient service was. How was it served (or not served) on you? What was filed with the Court that indicates service? Publication? Personal service? That's the first thing.

You get different answers because you have opened multiple threads and not provided the info that has been asked of you - and you've been rude and insulting to the very people trying to help you.

Maybe you should pay an Attorney, get an answer in writing and proceed from there.

Or, of course, you could let us know what service is being claimed.

Oct 4, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Mam, it was never actually served on me. My understanding is that another person actually signed my name to the initial court order in 1982 or 83. I believe it was by publication after that, but I'm not certain, because I wasn't in the country. How can I find out?
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 11:44 AM

GO TO THE COURT AND CHECK THE FILE.

Again - you can't sign a Court Order. Only a Judge can sign. A Judge can't sign his own Order (in the event you are a Judge).

If it was by publication, that's service on you - a Court ordered that it be published because "someone" couldn't find you using due diligence. Following publication there was a hearing and an Order concerning support was issued.

Again - you WERE served by publication (or so it appears).

If leaving the Country got people out of paying support there would be a mass exodus.

Oct 4, 2010, 12:18 PM
    If the order which was court ordered was indeed served by publication, then in some states I have read it isn't legitimate because of failure to serve directly and therefore deemed insuficiant
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pouchpopper View Post
    if the order which was court ordered was indeed served by publication, then in some states i have read it isnt legitimate because of failure to serve directly and therefore deemed insuficiant

Is one of those States Ohio?

Answer - no, it is not.

In fact please post the States where it is illegal to serve by publication following a Court Order allowing Plaintiff/Petitioner to do so.

I own/operate a process service company so I would appreciate this info.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2010, 02:51 PM

None of what you have said changes what I said. We can't be absolutely specific because we don't have all the details. We don't know exactly what was signed or by whom. But if there was improper service you may be able to get the verdict "set aside". But set aside does not mean dismissed. It simply means a rehearing. And, again, the fact that you knowingly abandoned your wife and at least one child means you will likely lose.

Now, if you are saying the state only says you owe $1098 then your ex will have to go to court to get the amount increased. That gives you a chance to fight it if you have grounds.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2010, 02:57 PM

I've merged all your threads. By starting multiple threads you confuse the issue. If you have any more follow-up post an answer to this thread.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2010, 05:25 PM

Yes, the filing still stands, and if they win the case it goes back to the date of filing.

So even if it is set aside because of improper service ( and if the court accepted publication then it is legal in that state, or the court would not have accepted it)

So lets play it is set aside, they merely have new hearings, and you will have to prove your income all of those years, if it is higher than the estimated income used, you will just owe money money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If I am on welfare and cut off child support orders do I have to pay back? [ 1 Answers ]

If I am on welfare and the father pays child support and wants me to take off the order do I have to pay child support services back?

Why would this case not be dismissed [ 2 Answers ]

My wife arrived in canada in August 2007, She left 11 months later in July 2008. We are about to go to court. I would like examples of past decisions where similar case were thrown out of court because she stayed only 11 months in the so called matramonial home, I understand similar decisions...

Dropping A Back Child Support Case [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. I filed a child support order when my son was young but neither I nor the father followed through with it. My child's father has never been in his life. My husband has been his father for 4 years now. My son's biological father understands this...

Case dismissed, but still after me! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, below is my story, I am so frustrated and cannot afford to pay for a consultation: I was a resident manager for an apartment building owner. During my time there, I had a resident who wrote a petition against the Owner for some things the resident claimed I did that was "wrong". To make a...

Dismissed Child Support Case [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to a question I had. If a child support case is dismissed with out prejudice, is the child support still owed? I would appreciate any answers or any references any one has to help me find out. Thanks

View more questions Search