Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuckEstarZ4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 04:08 AM
    INTEL versus AMD memory
    I'm trying to find out the pros and cons of intel memory vs. amd memory, but I am having trouble finding a site that has that listed. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 30, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Intel and AMD are CPU manufactures NOT memory.

Try this: Let me google that for you or this: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ntel&word2=Amd
    sammalo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
    AMD and Intel don't actually make memory as I'm guessing you're thinking of it - as RAM. Many computers will advertise "2GB of RAM" of "4GB of RAM". This is not made by AMD or Intel. AMD and Intel make microprocessors, aka the CPU for the computers. This is advertized as "2.3GHz CPU" or "2.5GHz quad core CPU".

There are actually memory units on the CPU, called Caches (L2cache, L3cache). If you are really asking about those, then even I couldn't tell you the differences between the ones made by Intel or AMD - other than the sizes of them. If you check out specs for a CPU on Intel or AMD site, they will tell you size of the cache. More is generally better. More on a lower level (L1 or L2) is better yet.
    SAM

Sep 30, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    My bad, thanks for clarifying :)

Sep 30, 2010, 11:59 AM
    Comment on sammalo's post
    Rockin, thank you for the input.. appreciate it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between intel and amd [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to to which one processor is the best?

Intel Vs AMD [ 1 Answers ]

I got to buy a new PC. Please help me to choose whether to go for an AMD or an Intel?

Intel-VT vs AMD-v [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what are the main feature diffrences between intel-VT and AMD-v processors which are new and supported to virtualisation technology..

What is the difference between AMD and INTEL? [ 5 Answers ]

I need some detailed expert explanation of the difference between AMD and Intel. Also I want to know that why people say AMD is ideal for gaming. Is that truly so? Please help me.

Amd Or Intel? [ 1 Answers ]

In laptops,what's benefits in amd or intel system?

View more questions Search