Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenkla Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
    trig question
    find the value of the trigonometric function of the angle (in standard position) whoes treminal side passes through the given point. (0.15,0.36). I started it with sqrt0.15^2+0.36^2. it doesn't seem to work.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 09:37 AM

What a strangely worded question. "Find the vaue of the trigonometrc function.." what does that mean? I'm going to assume that this question is asking about the value of the angle. If you draw a line from the point that you've been given (0.15, 0.36) to the origin, that line forms an angle with the x-axis; call than angle Θ. Recall that the function is defined as the ratio of the lengths of "opposite over adjacent" sides of the resulting right triangle. So:

Now, can you solve for Θ?
    RPVega Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Use arctan (0.36/0.15) on your calculator. Arctan may also look like tan raised to the -1 power on your calculator. I hope this is of some help to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do trig [ 1 Answers ]

Here it is : 1+tanx/sinx+cosx

Trig [ 3 Answers ]

sin 2x + cos 2x = (sin x)(csc x)

Trig [ 2 Answers ]

Prove that the following identity is true: 1 + cos x/1 - cos x=csc x + cot x prove that the following identities is true: 1 + cot^3 t/1 + cot t=csc^2 t - cot t Find all solutions if 0 < x< 2pie. Use exact values only.

Trig question [ 5 Answers ]

Hey how do I solve 2cos^2($) + sin ($) = 1 Any help would be great

View more questions Search