Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christina420 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 08:14 PM
    Why doesn't he talk to me?
    Okay, so this guy and I have been hooking up on and off for the past 2 years.. we don't always have sex. Sometimes he just wants to be with me, or hang out with me.. I don't hang out with him all the time.. I maybe see him once a week.. but when I'm not with him, he hardly texts me. Or doesn't respond... and when he does its random.. then he'll say he misses me n stuff, and well talk and joke around.. he doenst really talk to other girls.. like.. he has a problem getting girls, and I like him A LOT.. :D so it's a win/win either way.. I guess.. but I don't know about this.. any help would be nice.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:34 PM
    " so its a win/win either way"

If that was the case then what's the question?

I assume you both are young.

Just have fun, have good friends & don't worry too hard. Be aware.
    Sounds like he's not too worried. Why should you?

"i dont hang out with him all the time.. "
    Good plan.

Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 08:58 PM

Hello Christina,

Vanheart gave you good advice.

Have you told him that you want to be in an exclusive relationship?
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Never push.

If its right you'll know.

But don't spend your time wondering if its right or not or what's going to happen.

That's time wasted.

If there is one thing Ive learned.
    Its to not worry.

Make sure the good always outweighs the bad. And keep that on a roll...

(and not just with him, everything.)

Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 09:16 PM

Why not take the initiative and ask him out or contact him more frequently.

If you are having sex, you should feel comfortable discussing the situation with him, especially if you want a relationship beyond 'friends with benefits'.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Sep 30, 2010, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina420 View Post
    Why doesnt he talk to me
    He does. Just not when or how you would like.

And really why should he? Its not that you two are in a relationship where there are expectations of regular communication.

If you want more from him then discuss with him the option of being in a relationship.

If he doesn't want to then there's your answer. He'll call you when he wants.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 08:22 AM

On and off for two years, and you have sex, but don't talk about the two of you? Seems that you both are going along with a very casual friends with benefits thing, and you both must be happy with it the way it is, since neither of you has expressed to the other (at least you haven't disclosed it here), that they want more than they are getting.

If you want more say so, why not? If you have questions ask, but be aware that it may lead to changes, either good or bad. Sometimes you have to shake things up, or rock the boat a bit, or things just stay the same, and NO progress good, or bad happens. That's the risk you take, we all do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's doesn't want to talk to me over something I did when I didn't even know her. [ 24 Answers ]

The girl I love has found dirty emails which I really am ashamed of and should not have happened but they did because I was getting to desperate for female attention as I never had any. She found my emails and is so mad. Ive tried everything. Ive tried talking and making up with her. Ive tried...

My son doesn't talk and he's 3 [ 4 Answers ]

My son is three and he is very smart. I can ask him to do anything and he knows exactly what I' asking him to do. The only problem is that he doesn't speak! He would rather cry or scream for what he wants rather than trying to talk or use words to get something or even communicate. The only words...

My 3yr old doesn't talk [ 3 Answers ]

My child is about to turn 3 in January and only says a couple of words. When he turned 2 he wasn't saying any words so I enrolled him into full-time childcare hoping it would help, he has since learnt about a dozen words including the word mom. He has had hearing tests which have been normal and...

My 3yr old doesn't talk [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old boy and a 21 month ol girl. My son doesn't talk. He watches mr tumble and has taught himself how to sign. He is now at school and is having problems communicating with his friends and teachers. My daughter is now refusing to talk and coping the signs. Any advice? He has been...

View more questions Search