Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RICKDHS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Buried electric cables in California mobilehome parks, splice needed to be made
    Wire was burnt and fused together underground at a Mobilehome park in California. They feed piggyback underground from unit to unit. The wire underground is direct burial cable but now we have to splice the wires, do we need a junction box installed for the splice underground or can they get spliced and buried as is?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 06:25 PM

Are you required to get a permit for this work? CA codes can be a real pain
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    CA codes can be a real pain
    So can their licensing rules.

This is a commercial job. Hire a qualified and licensed electrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you splice the main cables feeding you circuit panel? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to move my main panel from one room to another, but how do you splice the main cable coming from the meter to my new panel location?

Ampacity of adjacent buried cables [ 6 Answers ]

How do I determine the ampacity of two aluminum 3-conductor cables with ground , rated 0 to 600 volts buried in PVC conduit 24 inches below the surface and adjacent to each other?

NEC/NESC requirements for direct buried cables on the DC side [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know any where I can find texts/paragraphs covering the requirements in terms of burial depths, voltage, etc for underground cables on the DC side. I looked at section 35 of the NESC Code 2007 Handbook as well as the section 300.5 of the NEC 2008 handbook. However, I believe those only...

NEC/NESC requirements for direct buried cables on the DC side [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any where I can find texts/paragraphs covering the requirements in terms of burial depths, voltage, etc for underground cables on the DC side. I looked at section 35 of the NESC Code 2007 Handbook as well as the section 300.5 of the NEC 2008 handbook. However, I believe those only...

View more questions Search