Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EnisBrown Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Oven Trips Breaker
    My Kenmore Gas Oven/Range w/ warming Drawer trips the breaker as soon as I turn it on.
    It happened for the first time a couple of days ago when I turned on the warming drawer. I could not flip the breaker back until it was unplugged. Then I turned everything off on the oven and now I every time I go to plug it back in, it trips again. I have tried pugging it in to another outlet, but it trips that as well.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 04:45 PM

Your oven has developed a short. So it trips now even with the warmer in the off position, right? You can do a lot of testing and eliminating things one by one if you have some elctrical skills, do you?

Sep 29, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Yes

Sep 29, 2010, 06:17 PM

The 120 vac power only powers a few things on a gas oevn. Light, timers and display. If you can get us the model number we can go to http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...t/index.action and see if we can get a manual and hopefully a wiring schematic

Sep 29, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Kenmore 79075863300.

Sep 29, 2010, 06:42 PM

Bummer, I had trouble to. I faintly see a diagram but can't get it to load up. Searched by description" wiring diagram" and it tells me to call for service since I need a tech
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 06:56 PM

If able to do some testing safely, you could follow the incomming wires, Since it happens with everything off it is before any electronics(incomming wiring).
    You could unplug and try resettimg breaker, in case some how the short developed in the receptacle, not the oven.
    Is this a 120 Volt plug? if so unplug and connect a meter across prongs, check resistance and you will also see when the short is cleared.

Sep 30, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    Once the range is unplugged, I can reset the breaker with no problem. What kind of meter do I need to check the prongs? And what am I checking for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my range oven throw a breaker when I open the oven door [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my gas range oven with electric ignition throw a breaker every time I open the oven door

Oven trips breaker while preheating? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GE Range/Oven. Recently, when I turn on the oven to preheat, it trips my breaker in the house. My question is: would this be a problem with my oven (perhaps somekind of safety feature?) or with my electrical panel (because of the breaker blowing)?

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

New 15A breaker trips main 100A breaker [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been finishing my basement and I added a few 15A breakers One room has 8 outlets in series with the first starting about 6 feet from the main panel. There is currently no load on this outlets. When installing the drywall I accidentally shorted the outlet closest to the panel. It...

Oven trips breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I am having tile put down and the tile guy moved the stove to tile under it. I used the stove yesterday morning. He tiled under the stove and put it back - unplugged. I went to plug it in this morning and it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I unplugged the stove and flipped the breaker and...

View more questions Search