Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ten_questions Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2010, 11:47 AM
    'how much oil/fat is required to digest the protein?'
    We know that protein is good for body and to lose weight. And fat is bad. I hear that we require fat to digest protein. Can someone tell me 'how much oil/fat is required to digest the protein?' I mean what should be the proportion of fat and protein? We are vegetarians.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM

Fat is not bad, or at least not all fats. Some fats are vital for good health, especially Omega 3 fats. The fats you should avoid are the processed fats you find in margarine, baked goods and deep fried food. Eat plenty of fat that occurs naturally in food.

Normally, I'd say eat plenty of oily fish, but for vegetarians, I'd say eat avocado, flaxseeds, olive oil, almonds, walnuts, whole eggs etc.

The proportion of fat to protein depends on a lot of things. Oddly, if you are trying to lose weight, a diet that contains a higher proportion of fat (but the same calories) tends to promote fat loss more than a low fat diet. One important thing for weight loss is to eat the best food you can manage. Buy fresh whole food, and avoid anything processed, that contains sugar or has a long list of ingredients. Try to avoid white carbs (sugar, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) and eat lots of green veg.
    ten_questions Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Oct 3, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    Thank you for the answer. I also want to know whether the fat that is supposed to help digest protein should be while cooking the protein.. or is it enough if we add some good fats suggested by you in the same meal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A cop goes to the door and tells a woman that her son won the readers digest.when he's [ 2 Answers ]

Ok please help. A cop goes to the door of an old ladys house,and tells her that her son won the readers digest and needs to talk to him>when he's gone she phones him and tells him that a cop is looking for him.He also climbs a phone pole to listen to there converstion. Please help,this is doing...

Whey protein [ 3 Answers ]

Yo, just a quick question. How well does whey protein work?

Iodine Number of a fat or oil [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone sugest a method or stages of a method to find out the iodine number of a fat or oil. Thank you very much!!

View more questions Search