Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whodeydo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Ca oasdi ee
    This new payroll deduction for the state or California, CA OASDI/EE, was taken during this pay period and will amount to over $800.00 per year! What is it, what is the rate, and are there any limits to the taxable amount. Thanks,
    Mike
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 10:48 AM

It's California's State Old Age Survivors Disability Insurance, which is paid by workers unless their employer can show that they offer comparable benefits to their employees. The tax rate is 1.1% on the first $93,316 of wages. Here's some good info on it: DB101 California - California State Disability Insurance (SDI): The Details

If your employer was not deducting this previously, I wonder if they may have dropped out of some private insurance deal they may have had? Ask your payroll department about it.
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Sep 30, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Right! Agreed;the State Disability Insurance (SDI) of Cali. State withholding rate for 2010 is 1.1 percent. The taxable wage limit is $93,316 for each employee per calendar year. The maximum to withhold for each employee is $1,026.48.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 paying oasdi [ 1 Answers ]

Just kearned that J-1 visa holder is free for OASDI and medicare for 2 years but I had the dudections 4 months after I came. I started my job in Aug. 2008 and got the deduction since Jan, 2009. Is it possible?

How to calculate OASDI taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure on how to do an equation that will calculate OASDI taxes. Can anyone offer any assistance?

View more questions Search