Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Purchased made
    I made a purchased of a vase, using one of those blank checks
    The cred card company sends you. But they charged me cash advance fee.
    On the purchase. Does that sound right??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Yes. Read the fine print on those checks. Using them is considered a cash advance, not a purchase. Generally there is a fee involved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Yes that is what those are, They are not really "checks" and not issued on a bank. They are a request for payment from the credit card company and yes in every case I have see it is considered a cash advance.

So yes in every case I have seen that is how it works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Made you think this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an essay due on the 27th and I cannot think of anything to say.. I was hoping someone can give me a few ideas to help me get on my feet. The topic is... Describe an experience that changed the way you think about something. Please help me pick up on my paper.:confused:

Agency purchased old debt [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter today from a company stating that they have bought a debt from a leading high street bank. The debt is approximately 7yrs old, I have had no correspondence in this time regarding this debt, the company are stating that the outstanding balance is £767.27 the original debt...

Hamachi purchased by Logmein [ 3 Answers ]

As some of you may have noticed I'm a big fan of Logmein (I've posted here before about them). Anyway, to use logmein you have to go to their website, so while doing that today I noticed a bulletin there stating that lo and behold they've purchased Hamachi. I've used Hamachi a bit and really like...

View more questions Search