Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
    Dem Game Plan
    Apx 1/3 of all votes in this election cycle will be cast by mail in ballots before election day.

In 2008 John McCain won the ballot count in key states like Ohio and Wisconsin if only the ballots cast on election day were counted. But , adding the mail in ballots swung those states to Obama .

The Dems are applying the same strategery this cycle. These rallies the President is conducting are the tip of the spear. During these events ,if history repeats itself ; mail in ballots will be distributed to attendees ,and special transportation to drop off locations arranged .

The Dems think their 2008 plan will work again in the 2 states and have also targeted Florida for special consideration .

You may ask; does the GOP have a similar game plan ? That would be a good question. The Party of No has NO similar plan in place. But they do have the Fire Pelosi Bus tour .
    Michael Steele Republican Blog Site: Chairman Blog | RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

Michael Steele is a joke.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 05:10 AM

They did this in Minnesota. If they need a few hundred thousand votes to steal an election they will conveniently turn up in party members trunks. Never mind that numbers in many cases exceed the numbers of adults legally eligible to vote.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 06:13 AM

They did this in Minnesota.
    You mean Stuart Smalley isn't really a Senator ?

I understand the need for mail in ballots for military ,citizens overseas ,perhaps some rural districts where polling places are distant ,and people with medical conditions that prevent them from going to the polls on election day.

I have a problem with the system otherwise. Early balloting in some states are up to a month ahead of the elections ,and a month is a lifetime in politics. Most candidates are only ramping up their efforts now ,and there is plenty time to deal with issues ,debates ,and defining candidates . The person who is voting early is not getting a complete picture of the landscape.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 06:30 AM

Hello tom:

So, if the Dems win, it's cause they cheated. You sound worried.
    Looks to me like you're preparing the groundwork for a Dem victory.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 06:48 AM

Not worried .Still think there is a wave that could build to a tsunami with good leadership from the RNC.
    Unfortunately there is no real energy from the Republicans except from what the tea party is generating .
    As an example ,the recent Republican publication 'Pledge to America' is a milquetoast version of the Tea party 'Contract from America'.
    I think that Steele is squandering an opportunity to maximize the outcome of the Nov elections. He doesn't have a clear national strategy ,and his fundraising has been weak.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:08 AM

Hello again, tom:

It IS an interesting time. On the surface, it looks like the Republicans are poised to enjoy a BIG victory... But, underneath, things ain't so warm and cozy as you suggested.

It's true - Republican leadership doesn't get the Tea Party, and Obama doesn't get HIS base. I think anything is possible at this point.

excon

PS> (edited) Course, you DO enjoy an advantage because of Citizens United. You've got UNLIMITED amounts of money coming in on your side.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:39 AM

PS> (edited) Course, you DO enjoy an advantage because of Citizens United. You've got UNLIMITED amounts of money coming in on your side.
    The playing field is leveled . What you think the Dems don't take advantage of the 501(c)4 ?
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The playing field is leveled .
    Hello again, tom:

LEVEL?? Dude!!

Let me see... If you add up what the unions got (which is about the only LARGE contributor the Dems have), and you compare it with what CORPORATIONS have, I don't see ANYTHING level about it - AT ALL. It's not even close.

Plus, you got the communication arm of the Republican party, FOXNEWS, working night and day to insure your victory. Yup. With all of THOSE fingers on the scale, the Republicans SHOULD kick butt.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 08:10 AM

Check out the known corporate contributions to the Obama campaign 2008 . The Corporations funnel money to who they think will win. There is no loyalty there like the Unions who foolishly are locked into a single party ,and get nothing in return. Yes I hear KStreet is shifting to Republican donations , but that's the natural way the system works .

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...d_obamas_rise/
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/mar...a-wallstdems21

Plus, you got the communication arm of the Republican party, FOXNEWS, working night and day to insure your victory.
    The major Networks and the rest of the alphabet soup cable networks shill for the Dems. Yes ,yes... I understand the jealousy from the other networks because FOX whips them in ratings. Maybe it's the message that resonates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plan to move oversea, best plan of attack? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 33 and plan to move to Hong Kong next March, most likely permanently. I have about $40K in Roth and $170K in 401K, live in MA, also own an apartment that I want to sell but that can wait, valued at about $200K. What's the best plan to withdraw these fund with the least amount of penalty?...

Change party affiliation California dem. To republican [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change from dem. To repub.

With this woman running the House, do you really want a Dem in the White House? [ 9 Answers ]

This woman is frightening. She quotes... ' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' ( I am not rich, are you?) When asked how these new tax dollars would be...

What is her game plan? Does she want to get back together? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Here is a brief summary of my relationship with my ex-gf. We meet in 2005 both coming out of marriages that we each ended. We were still separated when we started to date. We became serious and within a few months, were inseparable. Once we we officially divorced, there was talk of...

View more questions Search