Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpdg12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Sheetrock repair in shower
    The part of my daughter's shower with the shower head is constantly in need of repair. Not sure if they spray it on the sheetrock or what, but this is the 3d time I've had to replace the rock. Is there an alternative replacement for sheetrock (i.e. finished plywood) or is sheetrock the best way to go?

jpdg12
    KCDave Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Try this James Hardie North America - 1-888-jhardie
    You can get it at the local borg
    hwonkihele Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdg12
    The part of my daughter's shower with the shower head is constantly in need of repair. Not sure if they spray it on the sheetrock or what, but this is the 3d time I've had to replace the rock. Is there an alternative replacement for sheetrock (i.e. finished plywood) or is sheetrock the best way to go?

jpdg12
    You bet there's an alternative. Replace the sheetrock with tilebacker (cement board). Install ceramic tile, grout it, caulk tile to top of shower (use silicone caulk).
    Do yourself a favor and have a tile contractor do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete shower floor repair (cracked, leaking & painted) [ 1 Answers ]

I am updating my rough basement bathroom. I have two very young children, a boy and a girl and funds are very limited especially around this time of year. (My daughter is only nine-months and I am already thinking about the bathroom issues between her and my son). The shower has a painted concrete...

Tile Shower drain repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leaky tile shower. It is on the second floor and the leak comes into the dining room. (House is less than 10 years old.) Presently, there is a little bit of drywall cut out (in the dining room) where the leak had occurred. I have had two plumbing companies look at the problem and one says...

Shower drain repair [ 2 Answers ]

I believe my shower pan drain is leaking. When I step near the drain the thin washer between the shower base and the drain body squeezes out from under the drain lip. The base does give a little bit as I don't believe the shower drain nut was tightened enough before placing the shower base in...

No water after shower stem repair [ 2 Answers ]

My shower faucet and handles had some minor dripping problems, so I decided to repair the hot and cold stems (2 handle shower stall). I got a repair kit and replaced the washers and changed the seats, but when I put the stems back and turned the water back on, there is no flow to the shower head!...

Repair Kit for Florestone 4234-1 Shower Receptor [ 2 Answers ]

Esteemed Assistants, We have a 20 year old builer-installed Florestone 4234-1 shower receptor (base, integral drain with Wedge-lok Seal). On discovering a leak in the finished ceiling below, my handy brother-in-law applied silicone caulk to the exposed areas around the top and bottom of the...

View more questions Search