Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 08:56 AM

Yes, the 'roundtuit'. A friend of mine had one on his wall. It was a piece of wood, polished, and in the middle was printed 'roundtuit'. He was a great procrastinator with a big 'todo' jar from his wife.

Sometimes we forget tiny insignificant silly things that bring a chuckle. This was one of them, right ?

Have a great day, sunny

Tick
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 10:55 AM

Hey everyone. So, maybe someone here might know, I have a gym membership and when I joined they left the membership open so I could cancel it at any time. Well now I called to cancel it because I never use it and they are saying I have to pay a $75.00 cancellation fee if I want to cancel. That wasn't in the contract, do I have to pay that?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Hey everyone. So, maybe someone here might know, I have a gym membership and when I joined they left the membership open so I could cancel it at any time. Well now I called to cancel it because I never use it and they are saying I have to pay a $75.00 cancellation fee if I want to cancel. That wasn't in the contract, do I have to pay that?
    Hey Adam, did you read the very small print to be very sure? If it is not there then call them again and tell them that.

I would still read the 'cancellation' part very carefully first before you call them again. There may be something that you missed.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 12:13 PM

Adam, I had the same thing happen and I told them I was moving so I could waive that fee... LOL
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Hey Adam, did you read the very small print to be very sure? If it is not there then call them again and tell them that.

I would still read the 'cancellation' part very carefully first before you call them again. There may be something that you missed.
    I have to find the papers that I did sign for the membership. I wanted to check for sure before I called back. If not, I will just pay it and be done with it. I don't go to the gym anymore and I have some equipment at home as well. I don't want them to get angry because the owner is a pretty big guy. Haha
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Adam, I had the same thing happen and I told them i was moving so I could waive that fee.....LOL
    That is a good idea, haha. I would do that but I already told them I just don't use it enough to pay for it. Then they asked if I knew about the 24 hour access key, and I said yes, but there still isn't time. I thought about cancelling my bank account so they couldn't charge me anymore. Haha
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 05:18 AM

Stare at boobs for longer life: Study | TheMedGuru

Proven by science! :D
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    Bear you never amaze me. But I have one problem with this.
    "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female, is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out."

I guess if your staring at mine your all going to drop dead quicker. I am not by any means well endowed. But I do have a super cute butt.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Bear you never amaze me. But I have one problem with this.
    "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female, is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out."
    I guess if your staring at mine your all going to drop dead quicker. I am not by any means well endowed. But I do have a super cute butt.
    Yeah it made me laugh so much :D

Your butt by comparison is an intense workout ;)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 11:25 PM

Does that mean that women live forever? :confused:

(I haven't read the article yet, busy, busy, busy)
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
    You have to love a job when you get paid less then half your normal wage for the week. Bad enough its cash now because he owes back money for something and he took us off the books, this week I get less then half my pay. I get the rest Monday. We all only got half.

They haven't fill the accounting position yet I interviewed for, please people pray pray pray.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2010, 06:32 AM

*praying*praying*praying*

:)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    You have to love a job when you get paid less then half your normal wage for the week. Bad enough its cash now because he owes back money for something and he took us off the books, this week I get less then half my pay. I get the rest Monday. We all only got half.

They havent fill the accounting position yet I interviewed for, please people pray pray pray.
    Keep thinking positive. Allow your Karma to catch up. Your going to get it. Its just a matter of when.

And yes prayers help too ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Thanks guys. I am not a happy camper. I am sure I have the other job it's a matter of when. It's a new position and they are waiting to get this other new girl comfortable before they bring me in. I am getting a bit cranky waiting.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 10:32 AM

Sunny ,

At least you have something to wait for. Be thankful for that.
    There are a few million people who would love to have even a glimmer of hope.
    You have the link to the real thing! A job that doesn't involve saying " would you like fries with that?"

I understand how you must feel , I have little patience to wait for most anything. And I start at cranky and plummet fast.

Hang in there.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
    I agree with 100%. I have no problem waiting for the other job. My problem is working for a living and not getting a living. Especially when I watched the business go down for no reasons other then his own stupidity. I am by no means complaining trust me. I am complaining that he has no respect for us employees because I know where he has spent cash all week and it wasn't back in the business. But all us workers only brought home half our pay or less. I am thankful to get that even since the doors didn't get locked.

Agh... who cares about that. How is everyone else?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 11:58 AM

Sunny, I am alright:) Thank for asking!
    I hope everything works out for you, you are a wonderful funny beautiful smart person. SO, I know it will be OK for you! XXOO
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Sunny, I am alright:) Thank for asking!
    I hope everything works out for you, you are a wonderful funny beautiful smart person. SO, I know it will be ok for you! XXOO
    Thanks stranger. Every now and then you pop in at the right time. So positive. I like it.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2010, 09:20 AM

Ok, one more paper done today. 12 more to go :)

Hello everyone!
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Hi unky.
    12 more papers to go? Oh boy, wait while I go nap. That tires me just thinking of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alty's chit chat thread part 3 [ 1506 Answers ]

Alty wasn't here to continue it so here it is. Continue your chit chat you chit chatters...

Alty's chit chat thread part 2 [ 1500 Answers ]

Well the last one didn't last long. We really are a chatty bunch. Here's another 1500 posts to fill up. :)

Alty's chit chat thread. [ 1500 Answers ]

You all know that I'm notorious for hijacking threads. I go off on a tangent, drag people with me, and before you know it we're entirely off topic.:o Really, I don't mean to do it, it's just something I do, can't seem to control it. I really am a bad girl, I have to go to KP's room. ;) ...

View more questions Search