Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WPLbill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 07:39 PM
    My son is 14 and 1/2 and just completed drivers ED! He will get his permit in Jan. He gets stronger and healthier as he gets older (but all DeGeorge babies are different, and also similar)! School starts back in a few weeks, we will have to see how he does this year. God has a plan for us and these kids!
    uoflangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 10:12 AM
    I am a nanny for a baby born with degeorge syndrome. When she was first born doctors said that she did not have it but now they say that she does. She had open heart surgery at three months. Tomorrow she will be six months old and has spent three of those months in the hospital. We just found out that her lungs are not growing and the doctors have said that there is nothing else that they can do for her.
    Redhrdqt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
    My son is 7 months and has DeGeorge Syndrome. He had two open heart surgeries and some other complications. If you want to talk my email is [email protected]. Thanks!
    mybritt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dian1122 View Post
    i have a daughter also who was diagnosed with partial degeorge syndrome shortly after birth. She is 5 yrs. Old. My email is [email protected]
    Hi my name is nancy my daughter is 12 and has degeorge syndrom. I would really like to talk to someone else that is going through what I go through everyday. Please contact me I would really like to talk. [email protected]
    RoZaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Hi my douther have degeorge syndrom she have 5 years old she had 1 sergury on the open hart when she had 8 manth first she had when she had 3 manth but it was small surgery. The last one what she have was big one about 3 houers in the uniwersyt of chicago but now she is fine:)) just litte slow with the speech she going to pre school naw secend year she is speak litte polish and litte english she is very smili girl shi is normal person , she just will be have problem with the shool and one more surgery :)))) but she like school very much when she was smool she had all 4 terapist going from the city she had problems with her hips she need to were a cave araund 2 month but now she OK :) if someone speak polish its better for me::))) my email [email protected] roza:) she had just smoll of the hromosom nnat much:)))
    nama3x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:01 PM

Hello, my grandson was diagnosed w/this syndrome right after his open heart surgery at 4 mo. His fish test showed the 22chromosome to be defective. And he did not have the thymus gland. He is a partial DeGeorge w/ 3 out of 5 characteristics. After all infant immunizations tests show that he retained 75% of all immunizations. God has truly blessed this beautiful child and has kept him healthy. He is on calcium for rest of his life but has not had to take any other meds. He has been delayed in many things, learning to walk, speak, etc. He is 6 yrs and has been in special needs pre school and will be promoted to the next level still in special needs setting. I actually have been quite frustrated medically because there just isn't enough known studies or hasn't been published about DeGeorge.
    kaden1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
    My son is three years old now. He has had two open heart surgeries for Truncus Arteriosus. He had all the tests for Degeorge Syndrome and it came back negative. He does have a duplication 7q, hypothyrodism, had a craniotomy for repair of premature closure of metopic suture, did walk late and is in speech classes currently. They told us when he had his heart surgery that he does not have a thymus. Wasn't sure if it was cut during surgery, but other wise was born without one. We have had no problems with that. He had not been sick more often or anything.

I would love to talk to anyone also... [email protected]
    its2am Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2010, 02:47 PM
    Here is a link to an online support group: http://www.mdjunction.com/digeorge-syndrome Thanks for reaching out and not choosing to live without support.
    angelcin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 02:37 PM
    My son who is 3 now was born with Degeorge Like Syndrome. He also has a heart disease with pulmonary artis. Which one or both vals with need to be replaced. He just got diagnosed with moderate autism. He is one special little man though. He acts like any other 3 year old boy. Feel free to email me at [email protected] My name is Cindy.
    mandy2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Hi there my name is mandy and my doughter has degeorge he has a 22q11 and she is 9 ears old know I like to no if there any one out there to help me please
    mandy2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
    [QUOTE=mandy2010;3308521]hi there my name is mandy and my doughter has degeorge he has a 22q11 and she is 9 years old know I like to no if there any one out there to help me please[ if there is any one out there that has a child like min please get in tuch I find out she had this when she was a baby she has all the simtams that go with itshe don't sleep and she can talk all that well /QUOTE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restless Leg Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. My daddy doesn't have the time so Im asking for him. HE says he gets restless leg syndrome every once and awhile and would like to know what causes restless leg syndrome? Thank you.

Floppy Paw Syndrome (Greman Shepards) [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if I can find the answer here but I'll give it a try I have a 5 month old german shepard the we took the University of Penn Vet Hospital And was told he had (Floppy Paw Syndrome). Would like to find some information on this Thanks Jimmy

What is the "blinking less" syndrome called? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, you know how people who spend a lot of time in front of the computer blink much less than people who don't? Well, is there a name for this?

View more questions Search