Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bilal_az Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 02:57 AM
    My windows is failing to start,and the cpu is heated up,why?
    My cpu is heated up,knowing that the system didn't start yet.. so the system is opening the safe mode and start windows normally page,so whatever I choose,the system restarts after it loads to the page where the windows is starting
    ,then it restarts.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2010, 07:06 AM

They will heat up and shut down if the fan is broke, or clogged with lint.
    sammalo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Indeed, I would also say it's the overheat protection built into the computer.

Oct 3, 2010, 05:02 AM

Hey thanks for the help guys... bt the problem was that the startup file in the windows has been deleted:S:S
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2010, 06:43 AM

What is :S:S?
    What Version Windows?
    TRy System Restore?
    Can you describe more what happens? Safe Mode?
    PC Review - Startup Files

Oct 9, 2010, 06:45 AM
    :S :S is like that a sad face... I have XP sp2... well I made a format so everythg is OK now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU cannot start and other problems occurring [ 1 Answers ]

When I press the on button, the cpu starts up, I can hear the fans running, the keyboard flashes once and stops having power,I can't toggle between numlock and capslock and scroll lock, my mouse is working fine it had its lights on, my monitor can't start but its has already the lights on, it just...

Furnace failing to start intermittent fault [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier furnace and a Noma programmable thermostat. 1 out of every 10 times the furnace tries to switch on there is nothing happening. If I switch the power off and then back on the furnace immediately comes to life! Any ideas?

CPU Usage 100% and Windows Shut Down Issues [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! I'm studying abroad and need to fix my computer asap. I have a Windows XP SP2 machine and have been having a few problems. The first is that CPU usage has been at 100% for the past few days. Also, for about a week I have not been able to shut down my computer without manually hitting...

Cpu will not restart or start [ 11 Answers ]

My problem happened awhile ago and now its getting worst it use to be I couldn't restart my PC without it freezing I'd have to unplug the power and let it sit for a while then come back to it but I wouldn't have a problem if I shut down until now. Now no matter how I shut down it will not start and...

Cpu runs but will not start up [ 15 Answers ]

My cpu will not show a light on the power button but the cd drawers will light up. The monitor light comes on but nothing comes on the screen. I can hear the fan running, and have checked the connections from the cpu to the power outlets. I haven't gone into the cpu tower. Please offer...

View more questions Search