Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Against The Law. My Rights?
    I recently came across an article related to the current store and location of which I work at.

Which is del taco, in san pedro California,

This person was complaining about how many health laws they were violating. And I believe it, because I got hired there 2 weeks ago, and everything that person stated was true

My question is..

I know they hold back your first pay check, so when you quit or get fired. You get not only the paycheck you worked for, your first 1 to 2 weeks. But the last week you worked also..

This person said when they fired her, she didn't get her paycheck.

So I'm wondering if by any chance they try to do this to me..

What can I do.. and what are my rights?

Should I copy all my hours down or print them? Or is me clocking in and out good enough to prove my records of work?

As for the corporate office.. do I call them and what if they don't responde... what can I do ?

I feel like quitting, because this company is a lie.. trust me..

1. they don't wear gloves when operating foods.
    2. they don't use the proper santitation methods recommended for certain machinery.
    3. they donot wear hair nets.
    4. they make minors work grave yard shift from 12 am, to 8 am,
    5. all there cleaning utencils are old and busted..

I don't much care for any of this stuff..

I'm just stating the problems the other person reported as to which I can verify are true.

Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 11:13 PM
    Ok first companies don't really "hold back" checks, it is called pay periods and processing time.

If you are paid weekly, you never get the check for the week you just worked, it would be impossible to figure hours, taxes and write the checks, So you are paid for the previous week, it is not "holding" anything. You are paid that first weeks payroll the second week,

So when you leave, you don't have a "first" paycheck saved back, it was paid on the second week, and the second week was paid on the third week. People always seem to misunderstand this.

So when you leave, depending on the day of the week in comparison with the pay period on how you receive you last check or checks.

If you leave on Wednesday for example, on that Friday you get the check for the previous week, and the next week you get the check for the last few days you worked of the week you left.

And no companies pay all the correct pay you have coming, if not you can file a small claims report against them, you can turnthem into the labor department and more.

I truly bet this person just does not understand what money they had coming, or is just not telling the truth to spread more issue about a place they are unhappy about.

Also I would warn you of some caution, if you do not have proof that you can produce in court, you can be sued for stating the things you did.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2006, 11:16 PM
    Why not send an anonymous tip to the health department?
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2006, 11:45 PM
    First off I get paid on the 10th and 25th.. and I get paid every two weeks.. not 1 week.. as everybody else employed with them does.. and also I get 40 hours a week and it wouldn't be hard for me to get proof... I can take a digi cam, and prove my word.

And I still don't understand the holding the first paycheck... thing..

So?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Tenant rights under Missouri Law [ 13 Answers ]

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I would appreciate any help. I have a landlord who is very negligent concerning his property. The furnace in my house has developed a gas leak and the gas company shut off the gas. My landlord has known about this for a month and has yet to find...

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

Does he have rights to [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I have a child together and he is on felony probation for pills and he was shooting crystal meth when my daughter was first born and I don't know if he is still using it but he does have some weird marks on his arms and I know for a fact he still smokes marijuana. I told him to...

View more questions Search