Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amywilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 11:47 PM
    Clear slime in basement
    I have found quite a bit of slimy, clear stuff on the walls of my basement. The North ans east walls seem to be the worst. It doesn't have a smell (the basement does have an overall musty smell), but is very pungent to the taste (yes, I did!) It is very slimy and seems to begin at the ground level of the basement. Not the walls that are above ground, which make me think it is a moisture related thing. What is it and how do I get rid of it?

Check out some similar questions!

Slime in toilet bowl [ 11 Answers ]

I have some orange, slimey substance that grows on the side of the toilet bowl, below the water leve. I clean the toilet and it goes away, but then grows back within a week or so. HELP!

I have a Well why do I get slime coming through the facets? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Well why do I get slime coming through the facets? I have a well with a tank and a filter system. I recently started getting a dark color slime coming out of the facets. It is not all the time. I have changed the filter which should last a month and doesn't but it doesn't help. Can I clean...

Slime on fins for coil/drippimg water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a site built house that has part of it's unit outside and part inside. The part inside is a vertical housing that goes up to the over head crawl space where the duct work is and has something similar to a car radiator behind the air filter. This "radiator" keeps collecting slime and begins...

Unknown source of clear water in basement when rain [ 5 Answers ]

In the last few years, I have noticed there is clear water showing up on the floor of my base at around two coners near the front. It ONLY occurs when it rains or I water the lawn too much. There is no crack anywhere (wall and floor) and it is a mysterious as where the clear water comes from. My...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.