Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbvfd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 05:56 AM
    Questions for electrical application on main service
    I live in San Antonio Tx. My service weather head is below the roof line. The electrcian says he must drill
    Through the roof and extend the conduit 3' above the roof, must he make this hole according to nec. Or san antonio specs. It's a 200 amp
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 06:25 AM

Down here, it used to be 3 feet, it is now 4' through the roof.
    Make sure they slide the boot over before the weatherhead and wiring is connected.
    sbvfd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 10:22 AM
    But I was told if the weather head is 12' it doesn't need to go through the roof
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 01:00 PM

I would Ask a Local Electrician or look around your area to see what method is used.
    A Lot of People will "tell" you things, doesn't mean they are correct, were they a Licensed Electrical Contractor, or did they work at a store?
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2010, 01:05 PM

Also, down here, If the total length was 12 feet, then the 10' length needs to be at the top, then you need a 2 foot length and have it threaded.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sbvfd View Post
    but i was told if the weather head is 12' it does'nt need to go through the roof
    It's not the weatherhead that matters, it's the point of attachment of the service drop and the subsequent clearance under the drop.

So how high is it now? And what does the drop pass over?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get asample of a loan application Letter for a small catering service [ 1 Answers ]

I am applying to the bank for a loan for a small catering business. I need a sample of a proposal letter

To bind the message box to application main thread [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have windows application (Asp.net , C#). While performing an activity I display a message box and I want that user should not be able to bypass the messagebox. Until and unless he clicks (YES or NO) he should not be able to perform any operation in application. The problem is that rights I...

Customer service job application [ 1 Answers ]

1. Can you give me a list of examples of face to face customer servce roles? 2. what is it about the role of customer service agent that excites you? 3. why are you interested in working for us at bmi?

ITIN application and notary service in Mumbai? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on H1B and got married in 2007. Wife still in India. Okay - So I figured out that my status is married filing joint and need to apply for W7 for my wife. Along with W7, I need the notarized copy of passport and 1040. - Do I need to attach copies of all other documents that I attach to...

View more questions Search