Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgtevil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:10 PM
    I have a question that I need help with
    I have been on 50mcg of Fentanyl for about 3 years now, I had 3 spinal fusions and they gave me that along with Valium and percocet... I asked my dr the other day if I could come off the patch, in prior times of asking he said we could give you a detox pill but you can't take any other meds, or we can taper you down... Well, I go the other day and he tells me this is the best time to come off, and gave me the percocet and valium again along with 2mg of dilauded, which of course I would take 2 of them because that is what I was given in the hospital... My dr. is saying that by taking that it would counteract the withdrawals and I should have no problem.. I am scared to death because one time in the hospital I didn't change my patch on time and on day 1 I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, I was restless, every bone in my body hurt and I just wanted to run, I didn't know where, but I had to get out of there... My dr realized that they didn't change my patch, and gave me a new one and within a few hours I felt better, but I was on Morphine and dilauded at that time and it didn't counteract it at all... I was going to call my neuro and tell him what my p.m dr is doing and hope that he cuts down the dose to 25mg... what should I do, I was supposed to change my patch today so I am expecting to be messed up tomorrow... Any suggestions... I am a single mother and need my energy for my kids and even though I'm on medical leave from work due to my back surgery, I still have a 15yr old(which he can take care of himself) and a 5yr old who I have to take to football games and practice etc.. All week... will the dilauted and percs help off set it or shoud I see if I can taper off with my other dr? Thanks guys!
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Sep 29, 2010, 08:46 AM

Wow that's a hard one. I would not do anything without the help of your doctor. If you do not have help with the kids I would either cancle everything for 3 days and just do it or taper off slowly. Either way make sure your doctor is reachable and your kids know that everything is going to be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search