Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diychuck Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 07:02 PM
    1997 subaru legacy gt automatic idles high at times and low at times.
    1997 legacy gt will idle high and take off like a rocket and at times idle low and be very sluggish taking off. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2010, 07:35 PM

. Ensure there's no air in the cooling system.

. Clean the throttle plate and throttle body with Carburetor and Throttle Body Cleaner.

. Clean/replace the Idle Air Control Valve.

If the problem persists, you may need to replace the Ignition Control Module.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times aga [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace fault code light flashes three times the pause and flashes three times again and repeats. What is wrong?

3 times the times the sum of k and negative 1 equals.13.5.what is the value of k. [ 1 Answers ]

3 times the sum of k the and negative 1 equals 13.5.what is the value of k.

I had sex 4 times after first 1,2and 4 times I was bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex 4 times... after first 1,2and 4 times I was bleeding... but after 3rd I was not... then I checked... result is positive... 3rd sex was held on 25 march and on 27 march was my periods... and my boyfriend also used condom... on 11 may I took unwanted kit tablets... I'm feeling lots of...

Honda Civic 98 Hatchback Idles High & Low at Start Up [ 1 Answers ]

Car worked find until car sat for 3 weeks (was out of town)--it would not start. Sounded like it wanted to, but it would not turn over. Took it to Pep Boys, and they gave me a new battery, and it still wouldn't start. Then they put in I think a starter coil, then it started. Now it idles high &...

92 subaru legacy automantic [ 1 Answers ]

I have got a 92 subaru legacy turbo.the quiestion is that the fuel pump goes but keeps cuting out

View more questions Search