Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bolanlez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Historical romance
    This book is about a very beautiful woman who was been pressurized by her father to get married, she arranged to marry a man who was in prison and was on death row or something and arranged for him to marry her so that she could show her father the marriage certificate and give him reasons like he was killed or something.
    The man who I think was named brent agreed to do this and told her she must sleep with him at least if they are really going to be married, she didn't want to agree it but finally she did, they got married and she kept to her promise although she wasn't too willing.
    She went back home and brent was actually released from prison because he was falsely accused of murder, he got a job on her father's large estate and when she found out she was pretty upset about that, anyway with all the fighting and everything, she got to fall in love with him but he never really told her much about himself so she believed him to be a poor man, towards the end when they all went on a trip and she found out that she was living in her husband's family home who supposedly were very rich, she was upset that he kept it a secret for so long but he told her he wanted her to love him for who he was and not what he was, anyway they lived happily, I just can't remember the title of the book.
    n0040344 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 08:58 PM

I have this book but will have to search for it, I can't think of the name. The husband had golden eyes, right? And so does his dad, but he hides them behind glasses?
    rnrg Posts: 48, Reputation: 20

Jul 11, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bolanlez View Post
    this book is about a very beautiful woman who was been pressurized by her father to get married, she arranged to marry a man who was in prison and was on death row or something and arranged for him to marry her so that she could show her father the marriage certificate and give him reasons like he was killed or something.
    the man who i think was named brent agreed to do this and told her she must sleep with him at least if they are really going to be married, she didn't want to agree it but finally she did, they got married and she kept to her promise although she wasn't too willing.
    she went back home and brent was actually released from prison because he was falsely accused of murder, he got a job on her father's large estate and when she found out she was pretty upset about that, anyways with all the fighting and everything, she got to fall in love with him but he never really told her much about himself so she believed him to be a poor man, towards the end when they all went on a trip and she found out that she was living in her husband's family home who supposedly were very rich, she was upset that he kept it a secret for so long but he told her he wanted her to love him for who he was and not what he was, anyways they lived happily, i just can't remember the title of the book.
    It sounds like Sheena by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Hope this helps. RNRG
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 08:12 PM

It HAS GOT to be Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss! Just read it in March. Btw the name of her true love Ruark Beauchamp. I loved the book and frankly there is no such thing as Ruark Beauchamp... that is definitely the mind of a WOMAN. Boo hoo hoo! OH! And if you loved that book you HAVE to read
    A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss... it is a classic too!

Note: sorry I just noticed the OP asked this in Dec. 2006. Oh well. It is an awesome book and worthy of remembering... even if this is an old thread. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biographical and historical novel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not talking about biography here. What are the rules for biographical and historical novels? Using real people's names (with permission) along side of fictitious names.

Historical British Movie Actress [ 3 Answers ]

What ever happened to British actress Cecile Aubrey who starred in "The Black Rose". I have always wondered as I must admit that I had a crush on her when I was young.?

View more questions Search