Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellesig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 01:52 PM
    How is dancing good exercise
    linwoodboy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Well dancing creates bone structure and it builds up lower and upper body strength.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 2, 2010, 12:39 PM

The same way jogging or walking is. It is especially good for you heart, muscles and bones, not to mention your mental health. However if you are dancing with me, it is probably not too good for your feet, since most of the time I'm stepping on them..
    tomsmith2010 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 01:54 AM
    I think you should try dancing first by you self then if you think you need a coach you can contact.
    * Listen to the rhythm. With most music that people dance to on a casual basis, you can pick up the beat by counting to four repeatedly
    * Bob your head to the rhythm. If the beat is on the slower side, you can bob your head so that your chin is down at every count.
    * Shift your weight between your feet. You can continue bobbing your head, if it helps, but don't stop counting yet.
    * Move your feet. Once you're shifting your weight to the rhythm, practice moving your feet. Right before you shift your weight to a foot, move it slightly, even just an inch or two from where it was before.
    * Move your hips. When you put your weight on a foot, move your hips (and your body) slightly in the direction of that foot.
    * Throw your hands in the air and keep them loose. This is the part that indicates to people that you're having fun. If you're uncomfortable, the tendency is to keep your arms close, or let them hang limp. Instead, move your arms around.
    * Lose yourself in the music. Let your body move naturally to the rhythm.
    Best of luck..
    Helpmedancer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Dancing is a great hobbie to get into. If you dance correctly you will get stronger almost everywhere. Your abs, angles, feet, calfs... ect you won't regret it
    Helpmedancer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Ankles not angles sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dancing - good exercise? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if dancing to music is as good of an exercise as aerobics or other exercise videos. I like to get some exercise every day, but those videos are really boring, and I love dancing. :)

Dancing for a career ? Does it make good money ? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been dancing for about 3 years now, I started at the age of 13. I am very good at performing in front of large audiences and I enjoy dancing a lot. I really want a career in it but I don't know what kind of possibilities there are for dancing jobs out there. I either wanted to have my own...

Is dancing good excercize? [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if dancing is a good exercise I do it every night for about 95 minutes, and also will it help me lose weight and tone?

Is dancing a good exercise [ 1 Answers ]

I love to dance and move around but I hate watching the exercise tapes. They are so dull!!

View more questions Search