Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dacio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 10:34 AM
    How to adopt my wife's son in Fort Lauderdale?
    My wife is from Brazil, she has a 7 year old son, we live in Fort Lauderdale and all agree to me adopting him, can I adopt him without his biological father's permission? His father lives somewhere in Spain, and has no contact at all with the boy nor his mother, his address is not known either. What is the process for me to adopt him? Do I have to find out where his biological father is in Spain to get his agreement? He never was interested in the son, had any contact with him nor paid any child support. Thank you, Dacio
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 03:45 PM

How can "all" agree to you adopting him if the biological father isn't part of that "all"?

This is going to fall under "international" adoptions, in all likelihood, and you will need a lawyer.

YES you need the father's permission to adopt in the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I adopt my wife's son [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and her son are from Dominican Republic. I brought her here on a K1 visa. We got married and now her and her son have their permanent residence card. In one year my wife will hopefully will be a US citizen. I want to adopt her son (8 years old) so that he has my last name and does not...

How to adopt wife's child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old, and we live in Tennessee, my husband and I have been together for 9 yrs. The birth father's name is on the BC. My husband want to adopt my son. What are the best steps to take. I was never married to my son's dad.

What does it cost to adopt my wife's kids [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my children and my children want him too. They have nothing to do with their birth father. We are wondering what the process is and about how much it will cost? What happens if he does not approve?

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

View more questions Search