Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    italian7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:39 AM
    I lied to my parents about my boyfriend and got caught
    There is this guy and I met him through a friend of mine and we became best best friends and then he started getting feelings for me and so did I so while later he asked me out and I said yes but I am not aloud to date so I kept it a secret and we changed our relationship status on fb so I had to block my mom, dad, sister and aunt .my dad doesn't agree and understand the concept of me having a guy friend but my mom does and I've been lying to her saying that were just friends but 2 weeks later after he asked me out she found out! And tryied to look me up on Facebook and found that I blocked her so she got all mad and figured it all out and before as friends she would let me go to his house now that she found out that I lied! She might not let me see him ever again!!

WHAT DO I DO?!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 09:48 AM

Suck it up!

You broke your parents trust,you went behind their back,you lied,you can't expect them to sing 'happy day'.

Take whatever punishment they give you,rebuilding the trust is going to be a long haul,and that's all you can do.

Until your 18 your parents are responsible for you.

As hard as it feels right now,they care about you,and care what happens to you.

They want the best for you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 10:04 AM

First, apologize to your parents for lying.

Second, ask what you can do to regain their trust and perhaps get permission to see him in a group of friends.

You took a chance and got caught. Now, you are going to have to do what it takes to make things better. That means obeying your parents and not sneaking around. Be open and up front with them. Don't try to hide your activities or look suspicious.

It will take time, but if you don't do something else to get in trouble, they should begin to trust you again.

Did the boyfriend know you weren't supposed to date? If so, then he needs to apologize, too. Showing respect will be a major plus. If he didn't, then you need to be honest and explain that you messed up and now you have to fix your relationship with your parents and that probably means not seeing him or being extremely restricted in seeing him.

Don't make promises you can't keep. Don't enlist his or anyone else's aid in getting around any strictures that your parents put in place.

Accept the consequences with dignity and maturity. It will regain your parents trust faster than temper tantrums and blaming them for messing up your life will.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lied about birthday to boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

So when I first met my fiancée he asked when my birthday was. I estimated about 8 months. No big deal. So 8 months came around and we had already been dating for that long and my b day never came up. He asks what date ny b day is on and I say the 20th which is true. So he thought my b day is march...

I lied to my parents and I can`t tell them the truth [ 6 Answers ]

I`ve been dating this guy, he`s really sweet. Like the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He only cares about me, nothing else. He`s paranoid about me. Thar is just freaking me out, he keeps talking about our future and when we`re moving to live together... That`s sweet, right? It means he`s not...

I lied To My boyfriend abnout my age,after he knew I lied to him about something else [ 11 Answers ]

Hey,Okay I met my Boyfriend on a chat zone we met on a date and I fell in love with him,and now I think I love him,But my conscious is bothering me.I told him I was 17 and Im actually 16,He just turned 20,2 weeks ago and now he thinks Im 17,and I want to come clean.I lied to him before and I told...

My boyfriend lied [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend lied to me and I broke up with him what should I do? Should I go back out with him or what just help me

My boyfriend lied to me about cancer! [ 7 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for two years. Hes lied to me in the past about things we worked through. Every time he lied I would ask him if there was something else he needed to tell me. He would respond with a no. Last night I was hanging out with his sister. Were very close and...

View more questions Search