Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muneca17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:15 AM
    What can I do to get my older cat use to my kitten?
    I have a one year old female cat and she is pretty use to being the cat in the house I just recently gotten a kitten and she also a female who is on a few weeks old. My one year old cat is hissing and groling at everyone and even the kitten in the house hold so how can I get the one year old to stop and to get her to like the little one?
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 26, 2010, 09:50 AM

This is rather normal at first. You could consult your vet on how to introduce them to each other in your household. They need to get used to this change in their environment. You can have them eat in the same room but try to give them a little time to observe and be around each other and try to keep them comfortable. How long have they been living together?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My older cat will not accept my new kitten! [ 5 Answers ]

Ive recently rescued a naughty tortie from the cats protection league, she has settled in very well, but my 12 year old tortie will not accept her atall, she hisses every time she sees the kitten, and then makes her self sick... we had to take her to the vets last night as she was acting strange,...

My cat had kitten 2weeks ago and now my cat has run away,what do I need 2do2 now [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 4 kittens and now she has run away,I would like to know what to do to the kittens in what to feed them and how?? If someone could klet me knoe asap please

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

My cat only had one kitten. [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for my cat to only have one kitten?

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

View more questions Search