Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    w00r33l0v3r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Need to connect 2 desktops
    I have 2 desktops that are currently working and I wish/want to connect it so I could use internet on both comp AND share files on both of them
    HELP ME IM IN NEED OF DESPERATE HELP TYVM<thank you very much!! > :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :cool:

Help me I need to buy this wireless object that can connect 2 computers/laptops so I can transfter file w/o using money<well execpt to buy the object>

Help me ~!:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 29, 2006, 02:01 PM
    You need a Router.
    Now the exact type you need depends on your internet connection, either Cable or DSL.
    Here's a step by step guide for wireless setup.
    Should give you some more ideas.

They basically come in two types.

Ones for use with Cable connections, a basic router that has it's incoming connection via RJ45 (Cat5) cable. (Like this),
    AND
    ADSL routers that contain a modem and have a RJ11 (phone line) connection. (Like This)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Not Being Able To Connect [ 1 Answers ]

Facing prob when I'm trying to connect web through mobile phone . Prob is a fax modem already there in the laptop. So when trying with datacable its showing error messege "this modem is used by another usser" Please make the solution fast. That I can logon through the mobile phone Thanks

Can't connect [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a problem getting my Browser to connect to the internet. I am using my wife's computer right now. I don't know what could have happened as earlier I was surfing the net (I was even logged in to this site) when all of a sudden everything went blank. I have tried connecting with IE,...

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Can't connect [ 2 Answers ]

View more questions Search