Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrcmstr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Moving out of state... no costody established...
    :confused: Can I move out of the state of California if no costody has been granted to either parent and the child has resided with me since birth?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Hello mr.

If the father is involved (assuming you're the mother), he can stop you. And, he should. Your child deserved BOTH parents.

excon

Dec 29, 2006, 12:37 PM
    I understand that the child needs both parents. I have always made sure she has spent time with her Father, without her father pursuing his daughter on his own and being far and few visits. Along with not paying regular or much support. On top of all of that, he considers himself to be "babysitting" her, how can a Father "babysit" his own child? I just want to know if it is against the law for me to move out of state... niether parent has been to a court for custody.

Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello mr.

If the father is involved (assuming you're the mother), he can stop you. And, he should. Your child deserved BOTH parents.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Just as easy as the other parent could come and take the child back or come and take the child and move somewhere else.

With no custody agreement both of you have legal custody, you have physcial at this time.

If the other party objects, they can file in court for custody and to try and stop the move, You need to clear up the custody issue, so it does not become a serious issue latter. Also you need to arrange child support from the other parent

Dec 29, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Thank you Fr_Chuck... that's the advice that I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    just as easy as the other parent could come and take the child back or come and take the child and move somewhere else.

With no custody agreement both of you have legal custody, you have physcial at this time.

If the other party objects, they can file in court for custody and to try and stop the move, You need to clear up the custody issue, so it does not become a serious issue latter. Also you need to arrange child support from the other parent
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 08:30 PM
    If nothing's been established in a court order, then the answer is yes, but be prepared that the other parent may try to hinder you by challenging the move in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Costody issues [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a 5 year old severely food and medicine allergey autistic Son. He is in K and half day special ed. I am in a custody battle with his father who has not been around or heard from in 4 years. One day out of the blue I got a phone call from a family member saying the cops were there to...

Moving out of state [ 14 Answers ]

Ok for now I live in Maryland and my daughters father lives in pa I want to move to Arizona with my mom and take my daughter with me, we have joint custody and I was wondering if I can still move out of state or what I have to do about it

Established fishtank cloudy out of the blue, why? [ 5 Answers ]

I asked this same question over in Oceanography but wasn't sure if I should be posting it here. Sorry about the crosspost, but I'm in an emergency situation with my fish... Yesterday I noticed my fishtank was just slightly cloudy. So I did a 25% water change. The water remained cloudy even...

Moving out of state; can I take insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm getting an individual policy through the guaranteed issue clause right now, and am wondering if I will be able to keep my plan if and when I move out of state. I have a preexisting condition, so I will be rejected for individual plans, and I read that you only get the guaranteed issue...

Ncp moving out of state, travel expenses? [ 2 Answers ]

I have full physical custody but my ex may be moving out of state and wants me to pay for half of plane tickets if he does. I won't stop him from moving but I don't feel it is fair for me to have to pay half the expense as he wants her to fly to visit quite often. Does anyone know how CA courts...

View more questions Search