Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faith760 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 08:07 PM
    Unearned service revenue still unearned is it a debit or credit
    Prepaid rent still in force $400 but on the trial balance sheet it states prepaid rent 2,700 do I subtract -debit 400 or credit 400
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 10:24 AM

Unearned Revenue is a Liability and liabilities have a normal credit balance. Prepaid Rent is a Current Asset and assets have a normal debit balance. When you decrease a liability you debit the account and when you decrease an asset you credit the account.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2011, 07:04 AM
    You did not give enough informaation in your problem to determine what to do.

From the information provided by you, you have $400 in Prepaid rent and you paid $2,300 in advance for rent. The journal entry to record this is:
    Ebit Prepaid Rent for 2,300
    Credit Cash for 2,300

You do not do anything with the $400 until you have used the rent.

Obviously you did not read your problem and did not look at all the information provided in the problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unearned Service Revenue STill Unearned. [ 5 Answers ]

If the Trial balance says Unearned Service Revenue Cr. 12,560 The adjusting entry says Unearned Service Revenue still unearned, $800, how do I enter this?

Unearned Service Revenue still Unearned journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

I have unearned service revenue still unearned in the amount of 6,500 although my trial balance reflect $8,900. To make a journal entry would this be correct. Unearned Service Revenue 2400 Service Revenue 2400

Unearned service revenue [ 1 Answers ]

Unearned service revenue still unearned

Unearned Revenue Still Unearned [ 1 Answers ]

I have to make an adjusting entry for this: Unearned Service Revenue still Unearned, $800 There is a previous credit balance of 5,300. At first I thought there was no entry, but then when I started to do the income statement the answer I'm suppose to have is not correct with the answer I...

View more questions Search