Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darlene23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 02:52 PM
    About Tom Watson and his article on Negro Question in the New South
    What was Tom Watson trying to explain to that question in Negro Question in the New South.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 06:30 AM

He believed the Southern White farmers and Blacks should become natural allies.
    Here is a direct quote from the book that seems to answer your question :

The conclusion, then, seems to me to be this: the crushing burdens which now oppress both races in the South will cause each to make an effort to cast them off. They will see a similarity of cause and a similarity of remedy. They will recognize that each should help the other in the work of repealing bad laws and enacting good ones. They will become political allies, and neither can injure the other without weakening both. It will be to the interest of both that each should have justice. And on these broad lines of mutual interest, mutual forbearance, and mutual support the present will be made the stepping-stone to future peace and prosperity.

(Thomas E. Watson, “The Negro Question in the South”)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was that movie called the earth ends but a negro guy underground survives:oldB&W [ 1 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the earth ends but an afro american guy who is working underground comes to the surface sometime later and is the only survivor. I think it was in B&W, late 60's or early 70's.

US-China tax treaty article 20(c) and article 19 [ 1 Answers ]

I came from China in 1998 on F-1 visa, graduated in 2005 and became a professor in a college, switched to H1B in 2006. I had claimed the $5000 tax-treaty benefit until and including year 2006. I paid tax and filed tax return as a regular resident alien for tax years 2007 and 2008. According to the...

Watson 360 [ 4 Answers ]

What is a watson 360?

Question for Tom... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Tom, I asked the question below a while ago. I am going to start the project soon and want to ask a follow up question. I need to clarify that the sewage ejector will be pumping up hill gradually for about 75 feet. A gentle slope with a total rise of about 4 foot. Not pumping up four feet and...

View more questions Search